Rumors and traitors

Chapter Fifty:

In the week since Izami told Sasuke the news, he had become alot more doting. He was almost never seen out of her sight. Most people had long since gotten used to seeing them together, but this new...Closeness certainly caught a few eyes, and some mouths. Espically when Sasuke would be seen glancing at toys for young children, or clothes for infants. No wide spread rumors had gone around yet, but Izami still felt like she just wanted to melt into the earth and never come back out. Sasuke made sure to attend to Izami's every need. Izami was more grateful for the help than she would admit, but she was still nervous. Rumors, she knew, spread fast.

At her first check up, Sasuke went along with Izami, which was made Sakura rather happy to see. She had told Izami she was three weeks along, and told her due date to be about mid-Decemeber. She had also told her that she needed to stay off her feet as much as possible, and to eat right, and all the usual Izami had expected to hear. Sakura had printed out the first ultrasound pictures, and gave them to Izami and Sasuke. During the whole ordeal, Sasuke had stayed close to Izami, but listened intently to every word Sakura uttered like it was coming from a god itself. Sakura couldn't help, but feel happy with the attention he was paying her, even if it was about something she wished wasn't true, but she had to stay professional. Which she did. When the check-up was done, Sakura told Izami she wanted to see the Sato again in about a month.

"I really ought to go home. To my home, and get some more things. Plus, I think people are starting to talk about us. I think it's better if I stay at my home for awhile. Just until people...Well, quit talking. I don't want rumors to start spreading." Izami said as they walked down the street the day after the first exam.

"That's exactly what they'll be, Izami. R-U-M-O-R-S. Rumors. Nothing more. Nothing less. Besides, who cares what anyone else thinks?" Sasuke gave Izami a hard look, but quickly softened it." Besides, I don't want something happening to you." Izami sighed heavily, and looked at Sasuke with an eyeroll.

"Honestly, Sasuke, I'm not as breakable as you like to think I am now. If something happens, I can handle it myself."

"Yeah, well, it's not just about you anymore." Sasuke glanced around, noticing a few people already staring at them, but when Sasuke looked at them, they quickly looked away. Sasuke sighed, and looked back at Izami, who was staring forward, and whispered his next sentence." Besides, what's inside you, our baby, is my business. I have to take care of you. So therefore, if something happens to you, it no longer affects just you."

"You think I don't know that?!" Izami whispered harshly, her eyes darting around at the people around them." I have alot on my plate right now, ok? I don't need you worrying over me like I'm some kind of fragile, breakable-"

"I know you better than that to ever think you're fragile or breakable.."

"You sure as hell act like it lately."

"I just want to make sure nothing is going to happen to you." Izami sighed in utter frustration, and rolled her eyes.

"NOTHING is going to happen to me, Sasuke. I can more than handle myself, and before you say anything I know that what's happening doesn't just involve me. I'm not an idiot. I know that. I know that there'll be plenty of people pissed that you're having a kid. Not everyone in the world trusts you, and they have every reason to believe-"

"You think I don't know that? I know I'm not the most trusted person, and frankly, I don't really care, but it's because I have that knowledge that I can't shake the feeling that something is going to happen to you. I'm trying to protect you, and not just because of...Of what you're carrying either. I geniually care about your well being, believe it or not." Izami sighed, happy that they finally reached their apartment. SHe was silent as she opened the door. She stepped inside, with Sasuke right behind her.