Bad Omens

Chapter Seventy-One:

"Izami, I want you to stay put. You got it?" Izami glared at Sasuke.

"Hey, I'm not going to stay here while you guys fight." Sasuke looked back at her with a hard look.

"Naruto, Sakura, you two go on ahead. I'll stay behind with Izami, and jump in if you guys need the back up." Naruto and Sakura both nodded, and quickly went after Kabuto, who was watching with veiled interest. Izami watched the other two run off towards Kabuto, and then glared at Sasuke.

"Sasuke, seriously, what the hell is your problem? How long have you known me, and you're treating me like some weak, little kid that can't defend themselves!"

"I have no problem. You haven't slept. I haven't seen you eaten anything, not that you ate very much in the first place, but still. The point is, you know just as well as I do that Kabuto is going to be a tough person to fight. Being weak, and a liability isn't going to help matters. You'll just be a drag on the rest of us, and none of us can afford to cover for you!" Izami's jaw clenched, her eyes narrowing more.

"Who the hell died, and said you get to boss me around? And where the hell was I when this decision was being made? Look, I don't know what the hell got into your head, but you better get it out, and fast. I'm not some property of yours that you-"

"Hey, don't put words into my mouth! I never said that!"

"You act like it, and that is just as bad." Sasuke stared at Izami, and then sighed heavily. His angered expression was replaced by a much calmer expression.

"Look, whatever. We need to calm down." Izami clenched her jaw again, but said nothing as both her and Sasuke turned to look at the battle before them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"This is going nowhere. Fast. I'm going in." Izami glanced at Sasuke, frowning slightly.

"And what about me?" Sasuke cut her a look, causing her to frown again." Fine. I'll stay here, but if something happens, I'm coming down there, and helping out." Sasuke sighed heavily.

"Fine. Do whatever you want, but don't you dare come in until you have no other choice, you got it?" Izami scowled.

"What the hell ever. Just go. Now." Sasuke didn't need to be told twice. He ran ahead, and began helping the others while Izami waited at her spot, ready for anything that might happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Izami watched, muscles tensed, her sense ready for a fight as her eyes watched intently at the happenings in front of her. She hadn't seen the original Team Seven fight together much, and to see how flawless their teamwork was together was something that amused and amazed her in equal amounts. Where one was weak, another easily made up for that weakness.

However, the fight was wearing on all of them, Izami could easily see that. It was when Kabuto suddenly disappeared that Izami stood straighter, her muscles painfully tensed up. Fear, excitement, anger, and anticipation shot through her system.

"Long time no see, Izami-chan." Kabuto chuckled mockingly behind Izami. She could feel her back tensing up almost too painfully at the sound of his voice. Her throat went dry, and her muscles practically twitched with anticipation."Preparing to fight me, are you? How...Stupid." Izami reached for her weapons bag, but Kabuto had acted much faster than she did. His leg swung out, kicking her legs from under her, causing her jaw to hit the ground hard. Izami grunted as her jaw made her teeth collide painfully together. Her whole body spasmed in pain. She squeezed her eyes together tightly to stop the tears from spilling over her eyes.