The Nightmare Begins

Chapter Sixty-Nine:

"It will take about a week till we get to our destination." Sasuke told Izami in private late on their first night. Sakura and Naruto had long since gone to bed, and the full moon was high in the sky. The sky was filled with stars, which Izami watched as she leaned against Sasuke's chest. Sasuke's arm was around her shoulders, holding her to him." I feel we should run...I don't know a battle stimulation or something, but..."

"You worry too much. Naruto-san, and Sakura-chan know what they're doing just as much as you and me do." Izami looked at him with a teasing smile. Sasuke looked at her with an eyebrow raised slightly.

"It's you, I'm worried about." He said, tapping her nose slightly. Izami scrunched her nose at him, and then looked down at the grass, snuggling closer to Sasuke. She began to pluck at the green, wet grass beneath them." You've been acting weird. Are you sure you're ok?" Izami looked back up at Sasuke, and nodded slightly.

"I'm fine. I'm just over thinking things."

"You're scared."

"That too." Sasuke rolled his eyes, and held her tighter to him.

"You're so stupid sometimes, you know that." Izami scowled up at him, but he didn't meet her glare. He looked off towards the distance. Izami sighed slightly." I'm not going to let anything happen to you, and if he tries to do anything to you, I'll kill him." Izami's glare softened out, and she looked down at the ground, biting her lips slightly. Sasuke looked down at her with an eyebrow raised." What are you thinking about?" Izami looked back at him with an eyebrow raised in slight amusement. Sasuke almost never asked what she was thinking about. He just wasn't that type of person.

"Well, I'm wondering why you want to know what I'm thinking about. It's not like you to ask." Sasuke shrugged slightly.

"Then forget I asked. I was just wondering." Izami stared at him as he again looked away, and then looked down at her hands.

"I'm just...I just have alot on my mind. Nothing in particular."

"Yeah?" Sasuke looked back at Izami." What are you thinking about?" Izami shrugged slightly.

"Nothing in particular. Just thinking about the usual." Sasuke was quiet a moment, and then he nodded slightly.

"You should clear your mind, and get some sleep. It's late as it is, and we have a lot of ground to cover."

"What about you?" Izami looked at Sasuke with a slight pout.

"Unlike you, I don't require much sleep, but I'm going to bed. That's why I'm telling you you should sleep as well. We can't have you falling asleep walking." Izami rolled her eyes slightly, but didn't comment. She merely closed her eyes, snuggled closer to Sasuke, and quickly fell asleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The girl huffed slightly, body trembling as the sword pierced through her abdomen. Pain radiated through her bod, forcing her to close her green eyes in order to deal with the amount of could hear voices calling out to her, but she couldn't make out who was who. With a great deal of effort, she forced herself to open her emerald eyes.

"Wh-what are you guy doing...Doing he-here?! Get...Get out! Now! For...Forget about m...Me!" She yelled. A hooded figure smirked, and chuckled darkly.

"You haven't changed one bit. Worrying about others with a injury this great? Heh, what a foolish act." She grunted, and held onto her abdomen as the figure pulled out the sword. Somehow, the pain was lessened, but the blood continued to spill out." And that act shall cost you your life!" She again yelled out in pain as he stabbed her once again, twisting the sword slightly to cause further damage. The girl coughed up blood, body trembling from blood loss, she raised a hand, and gripped the sword, her eyes again closing. She opened one, body trembling from effort of keeping herself alive, and standing.