Chapter Nine

Adrian Winters

Fuck.

That had been all I said mentally on the drive home. I could feel Olivia's frustration, anger, and feeling of betrayal rolling off her but it was justified, I could have told her what happened with my coping of Sav months ago, but I also know now isn't the time to tell her.

Me and Olivia are too stubborn and don't take shit from people so it will take a few days so we can both approach this issue with level heads like a couple is supposed to do.

That image where couples never argue is some bullshit it happens from time to time, maybe in some cases it doesn't happen but that takes years of knowing someone.

I'm also not just upset at myself I'm frustrated that Aria revealed something I was going to tell Olivia myself, and though she got drunk and said it one should still have enough common sense to not get that shit faced.

Pulling into the motor court, I parked and Olivia got out of the car, before walking up to the front door and waited for me to unlock it, before heading upstairs, I then sighed and took off my shoes before walking into the living room and sitting down with my fingertips steepled in front of me aligned with my knees.

I sat thinking about everything that had just happened, I had been attempting to explain to a drunken Aria that I was going to be telling Olivia the next morning but then Aria outed me, and this fabulous shitstorm cascaded out of control.

A few moments later Olivia came downstairs holding one of my Louis Vuitton duffle bag's.

"Tell me if you need anything" I say watching as she walks across the living room and into the kitchen before walking back out with the key to her car.

"I need you to explain" Olivia says and I can hear the pain and hurt in her voice and it breaks me because I did this, I never wanted to hurt her at all, but my damn fear led me right back to the place I was only a few weeks ago.

Olivia then disappears into the entryway to put on her shoes, and after a moment I hear the door open, then close.

Why do I have to be such a fuckup.

It takes seconds if that before I feel tears prick my eyes, before they begin to roll down my face. I barely cry if at all, but this time is different I just had the one person who truly knows me on every level walk out for who knows how long, just because I couldn't be honest about something in my past, and I had said myself I didn't want there to be any secrets between the two of us. But now I can't even explain that what happened with Aria was over a year ago in June.

After a while I stand getting off the couch, and walking to the nearest bathroom to try to quell the swelling of my face.

Looking in the mirror I can see my face is red, and puffy from the salt in the tears, it's foreign to me but Olivia is changing me slowly but surely into a better person.

Getting a face cloth, I make sure the water is as cold as I could get it before getting it damp and pressing the cloth to my face so I at least look semi normal.

Walking out after a few minutes the door to my house opens and everyone but Kate walks in.

"Hey Adrian" Nico says sliding off his shoes.

"Nico" I reply walking into the living room, and sitting down at the end of the couch.

"Would you tell them what happened between you and Aria so I don't sound like I'm just defending you".

They all already know what they need to about my past might as well fill them in on this.

"I'll keep it simple. After I broke up with Sav I came to LA in June, Aria was there for me when I was getting over Sav, and I ended up reaching out to not lose the premise of an emotional relationship, Aria knew this and I knew this, two weeks later we decided it was better for us to be friends. That was over a year ago" I say.