Chapter Ten

It's been four days since Olivia left, and in that time I've done nothing but think of how to make it up to her.

Thinking hasn't always been my ally my mind likes wandering and tackling everything head on, but my instincts want me to be gentle and cautious when it comes to Olivia.

I do have a plan but I also don't know where she is, and no one has told me though my guess is Kate's because my sister hasn't been to my house or even messaged me about what happened.

"Adrian we're going out to Olive Garden are you coming?" Hunter asks from the entryway wall.

Looking up from the corner chair where I sit with my head on the back of the chair, with an empty glass in my hand.

"No, I'm not hungry but thanks" I mutter.

"Alright see you in a bit" Riley says putting his arm around Ava and guiding her towards the door.

They all walked out of the house and soon after the door closed.

I then get up and walk into the kitchen before picking up the bottle of Forty Creek and tipped it into the glass.

"Is this all you've been doing Adrian, drinking rum, in your house for four days" Kate's voice rings from behind me.

Turning I see my sister with a slightly annoyed expression on her face.

"No, I'm doing this because I need to be calm and that's what happens when I've drank" I say taking a sip from my glass, before setting it down.
"How is she, I know she's at your house?".

"She's been crying for four days" Kate says.

"Tell her she's not the only one, I want to make it up to her, but I know you won't let me near her while she's like this. Olivia's strong but I can't imagine what finding out something like that in the way she did was easy for her in any way".

"You should tell her yourself, also if you want to make it up to her do it, I won't stop you, explain yourself I'll even leave because I know you two are private about a lot of things, and I think it's fair".

"Give me a minute" I say walking over to the sink and dumping my glass out before rinsing it and getting freezing cold water into my system to lower my blood alcohol level.

After I had drank four glasses of water I walked over to the key drawer and got the key to my 720S, and walking to the front door to get my shoes.

Walking down the steps to the driveway I unlock my McLaren before remote starting it making Kate jump as it roars to life.

"Damn it Adrian this is the reason you need eight foot fences and bodyguards" Kate yells at me before pulling open her door while I laugh.

I then get into my car, and buckle my seat before pulling out of the gate in front of Kate, speeding off down the street.

The ten minute drive also gave me time to think about what to say to Olivia and it do expect her to not have answer just as I don't expect her to give me one.

Eventually getting to Kate's modern contemporary house I pull into the driveway and park next to where Olivia's Aston Martin is.

Might have to ship it back to New York.

Walking up to the door I let Kate open it before I step inside thankful for my silent footsteps.

"Olivia I'm back" Kate calls up the stairs as I seat myself in a side hallway.

"Okay, how is Adrian?" Olivia asks appearing at the bottom of the stairs in her usual outfit in all black with a white cardigan.

I choose now to make my appearance from the hallway walking slowly giving Kate time to leave for the sake of privacy.