Chapter Forty Two

The next night me and Olivia stood in my penthouse looking over Monaco from the roof top pool, which was the second the penthouse had.

"When will everyone be here?" Olivia asks leaning against the railing.

"Their plane landed an hour ago so I'd think any time now" I reply, "excited to not have to deal with me all day".

"I don't have to, because your a pretty enjoyable person to be around".

"Is that before or after you knew who I was at heart?" I implore.

"Before, I just didn't know what to think about you" she says and I nod before taking a sip.

That's fair.

"I thought I knew what people would want from me so I avoided relationships then you came around and smashed that perception into a million pieces".

"Yet you see everyone around you like your family".

"Because they always have been, without any of them I wouldn't be who I am" I admit.

Hunter might be the one bugged the most same as Riley but they have always been people that mean a lot to me because there just comes a point where the bond you share with a group of people can't be broken.

"I wouldn't be here without my mom or you".

"Your mom I understand she's raised you your whole life and taught you life lessons I don't understand for me" I say, which is true I don't.

"You're the one who proved to me what love really was, familial love is different then the love you feel for someone romantically".

"Very true, also I would have thought you knew what love was like because you read romance novels" I muse.

"Books are very different from reality".

"Very true, but they all hold truth it's what makes them relatable isn't it".

"How to always be on even ground as one another, date someone just as smart as you" Olivia muses, and I laugh.

"You'll probably be Valedictorian of Thornbrook in Senior year" I point out walking over to roof top chair to set my drink down because I can see the white and black Bell 525 Helicopter that was used for taxying people around Monaco.

I then walked up to the helipad despite the fact that I don't actually have a use for it, and stood firmly planted with my arms crossed as I waited for the helicopter to completely stop. Olivia however stood at the bottom of the five steps at a safe distance.

When the rotor blades stopped the passenger door opened, and I watched as everyone stepped out onto the rooftop of my penthouse.

"Holy shit this is one hell of a view" Hunter says looking over Monaco".

"I agree, this is a nice penthouse Adrian" Ava says as she and Riley walked down the stairs to the pool before Riley turns to look at me.

"Is that a water slide?".

"You didn't notice the second pool" Nico says getting off the helicopter and pulling his airpods out.

I then watch everyone except Kate, and Nico look over the railing at the main pool.

"Wait your penthouse has five levels?" Mia asks.

"Yes" I confirm.

I then walk over to the stairs that lead down to the level below and head back into the top floor of my penthouse, to get myself a navy dress jacket.

"You're going to the casino dressed like you own the place... wait do you?" Olivia asks leaning in the doorway.

"No, I don't" I say walking over to where she stood. "I don't think places designed to steal from people are a good thing".