Chapter Twenty Eight

Adrian Winters

The next morning I woke up feeling like shit since I hadn't eaten in twenty hours, I also had a brutal tension headache that was running up my neck and along the back of my head, and in my shoulders.

Picking up my phone I took it out of the plastic bag, along with my wallet, and Ray Bans.

Bellissima

Good morning Livi would you mind doing me a favour?
Read 8:32

Good morning Adrian, also sure what do you need?
Recieved 8:33

Could you please bring me clothes, my other ones got thrown out because they were torn from the accident
Read 8:34

Sure do you want me to go to your house or just a store?
Recieved 8:35

I'll let you choose
Read 8:36

Okay I will be back in thirty minutes
Recieved 8:37

Okay
Sent 8:38

I then put my phone back on the table beside my bed before noticing the empty bag then down to the needle still in my arm.

Fuck it.

Reaching down I carefully remove the  IV and thanked that I've seen this done hundreds of times when I would come to hospitals with my mom.

I then got out of bed and walked into the bathroom to clean the hole where the IV went in, and to shower.

Once I was finished I dried off and noticed the large bruises across my torso, left arm, and part of my back.

And they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

When I emerged from the bathroom I find Olivia laying my black clothing on the bed.

"I kinda just guessed what you might want to wear so this is what I...woah" she says looking up at me with a wide eyed expression.

"The bruising isn't the greatest but it's fine" I say walking over to Olivia to hug her, and I can hear her exhale in relief before hugging me back.

When we separate I move to the bed and pick up what she chose for me.

I approve of these, I like them" I say pulling on the shirt, before putting on the dress jacket, jeans, and my shoes.

"You look like you're ready to take over the world".

"One day, I also just like looking good, besides I need to pack for Milan in two days".

"That's a first" Olivia muses.

"Yes I guess it is" I say walking out of the room and to the desk so I can be discharged.

"Mr. Winters I need your signature to have you leave" the nurse said, and I quickly scrawled my signature on the dotted line before walking towards the elevator.

We both got inside, I hit the ground floor button, and we were carried down to the first floor, and got off.

Walking out the front door of the hospital I can see Olivia's Aston Martin parked along the curb.

"I assume you got driven home then back here, which should have taken forty minutes" I say.

"I may have sped a little" Olivia says unlocking her car, before I walked around to the passenger side and got in.