Chapter Thirty One

Olivia Thorne

As we walked through the streets of Milan I took in everything I could see the cafés, people walking the streets, the architecture that hadn't really changed a whole lot, I liked it a lot.

"You like Milan don't you" Adrian muses with a smirk.

"Yes I do, it's very pretty".

"It is, yet twenty or so years ago Milan was filthy, my mom had come here when she got out of high school".

"It doesn't seem like that now" I say, as we turned down a street. Adrian seemed to know where he was going, but I also know that he's very good at remembering things, so I was trusting him to not have us get lost.

"Here we are" Adrian says stopping the outside a small café, and pulling open the door letting me go inside.

The inside of the café had a rustic feel to it and was very welcoming despite the handful of people who were there looking at the both of us.

Adrian then walked over to be by my side and stood in line.

As the line dissipated I started to scan over the menu, attempting to decide what I want.

"Hello what can I get for you?" the barista behind the counter asked.

"I'll have a French Vanilla please" Adrian says.

"Mocha cappuccino Please" I say.

"Five twenty".

Adrian then pulls out his wallet but I stop him and pay before putting my card back in my own wallet.

"Your drinks will be to the left" the barista says.

"Thank you" Adrian says before walking over to the side to let the next person order.

"You didn't have to pay for us" he says looking down at me.

"Yes but you also paid for the whole trip, so I have some making up to do".

"You have nothing to make up for".

"Still I am going to think of something to at least make me feel less like I'm using you for money" I admit.

"But you're not, I'm just being generous and I don't mind spending money on you Olivia, as I've said before I'd give you the world if I could" Adrian says giving me a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure you would, but I don't need the world, just you" I says smiling up at him.

"Hence the reason I'd give you the world because I would give you everything to show you how much you mean to me and even then I don't think I could".

After a moment our drinks are set down onto the counter, and once again Adrian thanks the barista behind the counter, before walking towards the door.

"Adrian how is it that you're romantic, yet you're also are dark and mysterious".

"Because it's how I've always been and now I have a reason to be romantic, besides I read to many books not to be".

"That explains why the Hardy books look worn".

"I like The Maddening Crowd the most, also I had those books I gave you restored completely, everything about what it was made of is new but the story and cover is the same, even though they are first editions".

"I knew it, that book looked like it had been read a few times, but it felt new" I say holding onto his hand as we walked.

"I have high standards, something you already know" Adrian muses.