Chapter Forty Five

Adrian Winters

I stood in the closet making sure the Eldridge knot tie I wore was even something I had been adjusting for ten minutes.

My whole suit was black as expected, besides the dark grey metallic square peak cuff links, and buttons. Though I would say my Christian Loubouton oxfords count.

"I better make sure I don't go far" I hear Olivia say and I turn to her and feel my chest go tight.

There she stood taking my breath away her hair curled with a pair of curved diamond pendant earrings in.

"You look flawlessly stunning" I say walking over to her.

"And you look devilishly handsome" Olivia comments.

"That's a convenient compliment" I muse.

"It is also everyone but us is ready" she says.

"I'm ready, and you look ready" I say the last part slowly mostly because I'm attempting to figure out what she's missing.

"I don't want to reach over my shoulder to close the button because I'll mess up my hair".

I let out a humoured breath and gesture for her to turn around.

Taking the single button I close it and turn her around.

"There" I say.

"Thank you" she says giving me a small smile before we walk out of the door to meet everyone at the ground floor.

When I get to the bottom floor, I can see everyone in well paired suits to the dresses the girls had picked up yesterday.

"Take a key please don't crash".

The boys all went for a the drawer and took a key before we walked to the elevator.

When we reached the garage I walked straight for my Chiron Sport, remote starting the car which roared awake echoing around the garage.

"You know there are noise limits in Monaco" Hunter says looking over at me.

"That doesn't apply to garages because in case you didn't know things echo" I say pulling open my door while Nico smirks at my comment before lifting the door to my McLaren 570S.

Once we are all in separate vehicles me and Olivia lead the way out of the penthouse and through the dark Monaco streets.

As we sped through heading to a large gala hall outside of Monaco in France even though people in Monaco like to say it's still within city limits.

The building was built in traditional French architecture. Around the fountain and round about was the cars of everyone attending.

"Exactly how many people will be here?" Olivia asks looking over at me.

"Three hundred" I reply opening the door of my car and stepping out.

That's a lot of people".

"Most are millionaires but there of course are us seven billionaires along with about ten more".

"Wow" she says and I just laugh before catching myself and reverting back to my controlled and passive expression.

Walking up the steps the doors were opened and we entered the hall that led to a veranda that was above the actual dancing area.

When we reached the stairs I noticed a small orchestra was being played while people stood around taking with drinks in hand.

Typical it's a gala yet people are here to gain favours.

"Ladies and gentlemen our final selection of billionaire's have arrived" the person I assume will be the curator for tonight said into a microphone.

"Go" I say to the boys, and they do as I say.

"First we have Riley Niles with Ava Windsor both heirs to their respective family businesses. Next is Hunter Ambrose the heir to Ambrose Enterprises and Mia Harrington. Followed by Nicholas Harrington heir to Harrington Industries, and Kate Winters founder of Kosmina Fashion. Finally we have the Devil Of New York Adrian Winters heir of Winters Group International, and the girl on his arm Olivia Thorne".

The second my nickname was announced everyone looked cautious and like they knew what I was like but they would only ever know half of it.

"Time to dance I would assume" I say looking around the room as people walk away down into another room.

"It would seem that way" Nico mutters.

"I would just like to say I felt like I was in a movie coming down those steps and being announced like that" Riley says and Nico, Olivia, Kate, and I all look at him with blank expressions.

Great minds think alike.

As we went down into the room I noticed the three crystal chandeliers along with the wood paneled walls and immediately thought of how similar this room was to what people thought ball rooms looked like.

"Shall we bellissima" I muse.

"Yes" she says and we walk into the middle of the room where I pull her to my chest.

Slowly we got into he rhythm of two stepping around the room like everyone else, something me and Olivia have gotten so used to we can have full conversations while doing so.

"Why are events like these held?" Olivia asks.

"These are all people that care about the world getting invited is an opportunity to do that we all have to donate ten to twenty million dollars, I believe me and the boys gave two hundred million".

"That was generous".

"All part of attempting to right the wrongs of the world and I'd like to think the roughly five billion that is given each year is helping".

"That's a lot of money how long has this been going on?".

"Thirty six years now" I reply.

"I can't imagine what it's like knowing there are people with more money then any one person needs giving to others" Olivia says.

"It makes me happy even if I'm only giving a fraction of my wealth that someone is getting help or a second chance" I say.

"Like you did?".

"Yes, like I did, surgery is expensive in the US it's why I at times wish Americans didn't have such conservative views of health care".

"Are your hospitals like that, not as conservative".

"Most of them yes, though I'm wanting to create a pharmaceutical branch but I want to make it more affordable".

"And you hide how much you care" she muses.

"Company perception is more important then how I'm perceived, WGI was supposed to be a symbol of hope for the world, years time it'll be up to me to do the same as my parents".

"You're not allowed to work forever just so you know, I don't want you being tired as hell every day when you come home".

"I won't I promise" I say giving her a reassuring smile.

"You know this always seems to happen we just dance our night away" Olivia says.

"I would dance the rest of my life away if I got to hold you in my arms the entire time" I say off of sheer instinct but I meant it.

"I love you Adrian" she says.

"I love you too Livi" I reply.

Then I see Kate and Nico walk over to me and Olivia.

"Adrian you might want to leave" Kate says.

"Why who's here?" I ask seriously, followed by my question being answered by the last person I wanted to hear.

Sav.

Cliffhanger...tomorrows update will be what happens next but please leave comments of what you think will happen, also vote and share. Anyways

Peace✌