Chapter Forty Four

I hate shopping for dresses.

Why? Because there are to many damn options.

Kate, Mia, Ava, and I all have been walking from store to store until we ended up in a dress boutique shop.

"There's no way I'm going to find something here, we've tried four other places" Ava says.

"When did you become a pessimist?" I ask glancing back at her.

"After the third store" she replies.

"Well small places like this are like hidden gems" I say hoping to at least make her feel more hopeful.

"Olivia's right" Kate says walking over to a line of dresses all of them being colour coordinated with a large selection to the point everything seemed to fade into each other.

As we all walked through the lines of dresses we all grabbed one's that appealed to us, Kate went for blue dresses which did make sense blue was a colour Nico liked and had worn before.

"What about this one" she says slipping the Princess Blue satin off shoulder ball gown off the hanger, and held it up despite the fact that the fabric pooled at her feet I could tell that it would look perfect.

"Try it on" Mia says excitedly, and Kate walks off to the changing room while the rest of us look around.

"Mia what about this" I suggest taking a rich purple dress off a rack and handing it to her.

The dress was embellished with a white waist bow that got tied near the hip along with lining the V shaped neckline of the dress.

"Ooh, that is stunning" Ava says taking a silver backless A line dress, and holding it at arms length. "I'll be right back.

As I watched them all go into the changing rooms I browsed the selection of black dresses, until stopping and pulling a sequined long sleeve dress that was simple and elegant.

"Put it on" I hear and I turn to see Adrian standing in black pants, and a white polo shirt with the top button undone, and his Ray Bans.

He looks like a damn model.

"Okay I will, but not while you are here, especially since I can see you gain attention wherever you go" I say gesturing to the several people that are looking at Adrian while I casts them all blank looks.

"People know who I am and these are the moments I wish they didn't" he says with a smirk, "also I thought you might be drawn to a place like this it seems I was right".

"It's cozy feeling" I say and I can see the amusement in his eyes because light was making them turn more translucent.

"I'll go mainly because I want to see it tomorrow night" Adrian says before flipping the tag on the dress over and snapping it off before walking to the counter.

You break it you buy it I mentally muse.

Adrian then pulls out his card and pays with just the tag, before leaving the store, and getting back into his Huracan Spyder.

I then turn to see all three of my friends walk out in their respective dresses, and I can tell they are perfect.

"You have good taste Olivia" Mia says looking down at the purple dress.

"Yes she does, also what do you have there?" Kate asks pointing subtly at the dress Adrian had just told me to try on.

"My dress" I say.

"Well put it on we want to see" Ava says and I walk away towards one of the open changing rooms.

I then quickly change into the dress and I find that there is a slit which allows me to walk normally, as a touch I pull my hair over my shoulder, and walk out.

Keeping my head high I walk over to them, and stop.

"Adrian's going to be in awe" Kate muses.

I think that might be why he paid for it.

"Okay we are getting these, then we can go back to the penthouse, apparently Hunter and Riley are being idiots, Nico's words not mine" Mia says.

"Alright let's go".

I then walked back to my change room and got back into my clothes, before walking out with the dress over my arm.

When we get to the till I lean against the door to wait for the rest of them.

"Olivia aren't you going to pay?" Mia asks.

"Adrian already did for me he was here while you were all changing, and by the time you came out he had just left" I say.

"I'm not even surprised it's Adrian no one stops him from doing what he wants, ever! Trust me I've tried" Kate says.

"How similar are you personality wise?" Ava asks.

"We're both hard headed, kind of a natural trait, we're both observant, and we usually win arguments and don't back down easily, though he has always been more a leader and the dominant person in any situation".

"Seems accurate" I mutter as we walk out of the store and get into Rolls Royce Dawn that Adrian let us borrow.

On the way back because I was used to this kind of traffic mostly because Adrian drives and I have lots of time to look around, I realized how cautious you had to be while driving in Monaco.

When we all got back to the penthouse, I put the top back up, and parked as carefully as I could, before getting out.

I then got my dress out of the trunk, and headed for the elevator before holding my foot by the sensor so everyone else could get in.

Ava hits the top button, and I step back to let the door close before we were carried to the top floor.

When the doors opened I carried my dress up to me and Adrian's room to hang in the closet.

"You're going to look winsome tomorrow night" my raven haired devil says from the doorframe.

"Winsome?".

"Alluring".

"You tend to be the center of attention" I say walking over to him.

"That happens when you have a beautiful girl next to you" Adrian says looking down at me.

"Smooth Winters" I muse.

"I aim to please bellissima" he says giving me one of his smirks that make me wonder how I haven't pooled yet.

"Adrian the children are hungry" Kate yells from down the hall, and Adrian closes his eyes and sighs.

"There like endless fucking pits" he says and walks out of the room while I laugh lightly.

As he walks away I end up having to jog to keep pace with him.

"Why do you walk so fast?" I laugh as he begins to descend the stairs in record time.

"You know why I was short as hell until high school" Adrian says walking into the ground floor kitchen. "Now what do you all want?".

"Steak" Hunter says, and Adrian walks to the freezer.

"Any objections?" he asks looking up at all of us.

When no one said anything he went back to preparing and I joined everyone in the living room.

"Olivia I think you've won the boyfriend lottery, he's kind hearted, can cook, and has a good sense of humour".

I think so.

"That alters depending on who you ask" Riley muses and immediately receives an icy glare from Adrian.

"I'll shut up now".

"Good choice" Nico mutters flipping the page of his current book.

How did I end up being friends with this mixed group?

The next chapter will be the gala, I also have a few things planned for the last bit of this book and what the third will be like. Also we're at 2K so thank you all so much, leave comments, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌