Chapter Fifty Six

Olivia Thorne

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was the coolness of the bed behind me.

Rolling over I see headlights out of the bedroom living room window.

Getting out of bed and taking my house coat I walk to the window I can see Adrian's SV.

Where could he have gone?

Walking out of the bedroom and downstairs I unlock the door and walk into the kitchen where I find the note he must of left telling me that he'd gone to Nico's.

When I finished reading I heard the door open followed by the nearly silent footsteps of Adrian.

"Good morning bellissima" he says walking up behind me and giving me a hug.

"Good morning Adrian, why'd you go to Nico's so early it's like five in the morning".

"At the gala Sav told me she would be coming back to NYC which means she's returning to Thornbrook" Adrian says walking around the counter.

"You kept that quiet" I muse.

"Yeah, I had intended to bring it up sooner but I tend to let things sit in my mind for as long as possible".

"You think about things a lot".

"I like being thorough" he says filling a glass with ice water.

"I'm aware you also don't like being wrong".

"No I do not, and if I am I tend to find a way to be right".

I then roll my eyes at him, solely out of the fact that his assertive behaviour is typical.

"I can't with your dominant behaviour".

"Dominant" Adrian muses.

Oh Jesus.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" I say walking over to the coffee machine and began to make it.

"In more ways then one yes".

I then turn to him to see him smirking down at me.

Of course.

"Have some coffee, and then we should make a plan for the day" I say.

"I want to take you to an art gallery later on tonight, there's some very unique pieces and it will bring life to the house" Adrian says.

"An art gallery I've never been to one".

"Viola Harlem Gallery is having an exhibition, It's one of the places Winters Group leases, and I wanted to show it to you".

"Have you ever shown me things to impress me?" I ask though I blame my subconscious for not thinking about it before making me say something I hadn't even considered.

"No, I just do things because I think you deserve them whether to own or experience, plus I may also enjoy giving a little too much" he says.

"This bracelet will remain my favourite" I claim.

"That's good, also what should we do to pass the time bellissima?" Adrian asks.

"I want to watch a movie" I say.

"You pick something".

I then walk away to the couch and open Netflix before scrolling through the lines of movies until choosing.

"I need to put on something other then this so I'll be right back" I say walking away and heading into our shared room.

Walking into the closet I find something that will be comfy to wear before walking into the bathroom to shower quickly.

My quick shower however lasted for ten minutes and I was rushing. Getting out and drying myself off before pulling on my clothes and brushing my hair.

When I go back downstairs I find Adrian sitting on the couch reading something on his phone while muttering the words under his breath.

"What are you reading".

"My entire fleet of Ferrari's are due for a maintenance check tomorrow so a truck will be arriving to take them to the airport to be flown back to Italy, and I really don't want to pay the hundred thousand in maintenance costs".

"How long will they be gone?".

"A week".

"That means they'll be back in your garage by the first day" I say.

"Yeah, but I also don't trust anyone else to put them back".

"Would you let me help you?" I ask mostly to see what expression he'll give me.

When he did turn to me he had a blank expression on his face while looking at me with zero emotion and the longer he did the more I thought he would say no until it was unbearable.

"If your going to say no then just...".

"Sure why not" he says giving me a smirk and I realized that today would be one of those days that he would bug me as much as he could.

Sitting down beside him, I pulled the blanket over my lap and leaned against him while he hit play.

As the movie played Adrian held me closer to him not out of fear from the Horror movie we were watching but from the fact we would usually end up cuddling by the end of the movie regardless of what it was.

An hour later I lay against his chest with his arms around my waist while we both lied with our eyes shut.

"Olivia, I'm curious about something".

"Yes" I say turning my head so I could look back at him.

"If you could do anything between now and the time I take you to the gallery what would it be?".

I had to think about it, there were so many things we've done with one another or with the group, but I also should have expected as much considering that I never really ventured outside of Brooklyn.

"Go to a fair, and there's one for this week" I reply and give him my most convincing smile.

"Okay" he says easily lifting me and setting me on my feet before walking to the key drawer and pulling out the key to his Rolls Royce Ghost.

I then went and pulled on my shoes before waiting for Adrian to pick from his lines of shoes, which turned into the Chelsea Boots he bought in Milan before he grabbed the hoodie he apparently had been wearing earlier before we walked out of the house and down to the garage.

Adrian then entered the garage while it started to cloud over, which hopefully would clear by the time we reached New York.

When the front of the all black car emerged Adrian got out of the front seat and walked around to the passenger side to let me in.

"Thank you" I say getting in and pushing the button which closes the door before Adrian got in the front seat and pulled on the black leather gloves he wore when driving to not mark the leather.

"Alright Olivia where am I taking you?" Adrian says driving the extended wheelbase car out of the gate and off towards New York.

"Just follow the direction" I say setting my phone down in a place where he could glance at it while we listen to music on our way towards the fair.

The ending was a little odd but as I said I would figure out the ending of this book but I have it all figured out, also leave your comments on the chapter I like reading them, and vote and share. Anyways

Peace✌