Chapter Fifty Five

I was up early the next morning, though I didn't really fall asleep.

Sav would be coming to New York and I didn't want that to go badly, though it probably would despite me having a plan to make sure it doesn't, but I also hadn't told anyone that she was coming. Riley sleeps like a baby and even if he was awake would probably tell the group before I could, Hunter likely took my advice, which only leaves Nico.

Walking downstairs I found a notepad and pen before writing a note.

In the event you wake up which I'm sure you will before I come home, I've gone to Nico and Kate's. I love you

~A~

I then left it on the counter, and took the key to my Aventador SV before walking out of the house and remotely locking the front door before entering my garage.

At least my neighbors can't complain when I leave because I didn't cold start outside.

Unlocking the car I lift the driver door and get in before starting the engine. Shutting the door I drive out of the garage.

Speeding away along Meadow Lane I head towards Nico's house as fast as legally possible. Well based more to what I could get away with, and an all black car is very helpful.

When I get to the gate the sensor detects me and I drive in before parking in front of the stairs. Getting out after turning off the loud engine I walk to the front door and knock.

The door opened a few minutes later to reveal Nico with bed head and a dark blue quilted robe.

"Adrian there's a reason you're here, come in" he says stepping aside to let me in.

"Thanks, also sorry about the noise" I say sliding my shoes off and walking into the living room.

"The walls are heavily insulated I barely heard you" Nico says walking into the kitchen.

"Good to know Kate will be moody all day if she's woken up now" I say sitting down on the couch.

"I'm not surprised, anything to drink?" Nico asks turning on his kettle in the grey marble kitchen.

"No I'm good thanks".

"So what led you here because I'm going to guess advice".

"I do come to you when I need it yes" I admit, "Savannah's coming to New York".

Nico gave me a look somewhere between 'excuse me' and 'why didn't you say anything'.

"I'm sorry when the fuck?".

"For the school year, Senior Year Savannah Lovell is returning to Thornbrook" I confirm, "and it's some bullshit the same year Olivia will be under the most coverage after the gala, and with us all starting to get near the biggest pressure of our lives, like I now have to start preparing myself to take over Winters Group, and it's going to turn into a fucking shit show with Sav coming back".

"At least she can't get to any of us" Nico says.

"What do you mean?".

"Olivia she's your only weakness if you want to call her that, it's apparent without her you breakdown".

"That happens when you love someone more then you thought was possible" I point out.

"Don't let Sav get to your head".

"It's not that she is, it's that I plan to play whatever game she has planned, no one vanishes for a year then just suddenly decides to show up at the most elite gala in the world, along with being at the same hotel that I was, and I intend to know why, plus I don't believe in coincidence".

"I know mate, well if anything does happen me and the boys will have your back, just a week left, then we return besides. No one I've seen who stands in your way ends up in a good place. We all know who you are, you just have to prove to Sav that your not the same damaged person you were when she met you".

"I'd like to think that was very apparent, also you're right Nico, but at times I wonder how accurate being called the Devil is. I got a lot softer if that makes sense".

"I don't see it, your more open with Olivia but that hasn't changed who you really are I remember the day you were called the Devil you had made half the school go quiet from a single icy warning, and the other half with a glare. That is who you are Adrian you've demanded respect by proving who you are, so if Sav wants to play with fire, be the one fuelling it".

Giving Nico a small smirk because of his pep talk, I walk around to a cabinet and pull out a crystal glass, before filling it with ice.

"Put whatever you want in the glass, I'll have it with you and your cup of tea" I say as Nico fills a mug with hot water.

"Alright" he says taking a bottle at random and filling the glass near to the rim.

"Thank you" I say taking the glass and sipping it's contents.

"Welcome, also have you seen the backyard of this place?" Nico asks and I recall that I only glimpsed it.

"Not properly" I muse and my British accent slips through.

Nico then pushes open the tall French doors and we step outside and I can see the pool with a sun bed, along with steps on the side of a stone patio to a rock slab sub patio before it was met with grass that went to the beach.

"Nice" I remark walking along the pool which has lights showing where the edge was.

"Kate took certain aspects from your house the roof for example, there were things she wanted this had it".

"Sounds like my sister".

"Kinda thought you'd say something like that" Nico says joining me at the end of it.

I let out a humoured breath watching as the water rolled onto the beach.

"Thank you for being there for her when I couldn't Nico, I know you two have been talking for over a year, and I'm glad it was you who she got close to" I say.

"It was just me recognizing her since we've all know eachother as children the boys all stayed together but she got separated so I didn't expect this" he says.

"That's the funny thing about love Nico, you never see it coming, and that's from the person who a year ago thought people only would attempt to get close to me for money".

"Yes but most people also aren't dating their friend's sister" he says and I smirk.

"I trust you, I wouldn't let you two live together if I didn't" I say finishing the drink and leaving ice at the bottom.

"Good to know".

"Well I should let you get another few hours of sleep, and I should go home".

"Alright mate, if I don't see you in the next few days I'll see you on the first day of school".

"Yes you will" I say walking away back into the house and dumping the ice in the sink before putting the glass in the dishwasher.

I then walked out of Nico's house and got into my car before driving away into the night back towards my house while thinking over Nico's advice.

I don't know what to do for the rest of this book so I will figure it out I promise, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌