Chapter Fifty Seven

The drive to New York was enjoyable, over time I got used to the long trips over the many times I've been to Adrian's house.

It's also surreal to think that all this happened because of a scholarship acceptance letter to Thornbrook, how different my life may have been other wise.

"Something's going on in that pretty head of yours what is it" Adrian asks as we enter Queens.

"I think back to the possibilities of my life before Thornbrook".

"I would have found you that night when you were followed the route I take is by there, and oddly enough I believe everything happens for a reason, and that it's possible I would have met you somehow".

"You say that with such certainty" I muse.

"Because I'm certain it would happen bellissima" he says and I begin to be able to spot the fair grounds over the houses.

"Of course you are" I say as he pulls up to the parking lot and finds a parking spot.

Adrian then hits the button to open both doors and we get out, looking around I can hear all the sounds I assume were at fairs happy children, ride noises, and people talking, I could also see every possible ride imaginable including one's I didn't even know what they were.

My thoughts were however interrupted by the roar of three loud engines and I turn to see a grey Audi R8 V10, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster, and a Ford Mustang Shelby Roush Stage 3.

No wonder half of New York envies them, they take a million in vehicles everywhere.

"The whole groups here" I mutter mostly to myself.

"I actually didn't know they planned on being here today" Adrian says locking the car and walking over to where the boys had parked.

"Hey Adrian hey little olive" Riley says with a smile, and I laugh remembering when he had first come up with the nickname.

"Hello Riley" I say returning the smile, before Ava gets out of the car.

"Hunter and Riley decided to use Northern Boulevard as a drag strip" she says before greeting me with a hug.

"Hunter's in a Lamborghini he had to have won".

"It was actually pretty close, that car's fast" Hunter say closing the door of his car.

"You should put the roof on so a bird doesn't shit in your car" Adrian says leaning against the wooden fencing of the parking lot.

"That's a little negative" Riley says.

"It happened to me remember the F430 Spider" Adrian says.

"That was your first older Ferrari".

"Yes it was, the 488GTB was my very first supercar".

"I still can't believe you owned it for that long you only owned your Koenigsegg's for a year" Nico says.

"Yes but I also didn't drive them that often" Adrian points out, and we all walk into the fair grounds.

"Ooh a cotton candy machine" Ava says and grabs me and Mia's arm's and pulls us towards it, while I can hear Adrian illicit a slight laugh.

For once he seems at ease and I wonder if it's because this may be one of the few times he allows himself to be out of his shell.

"Oh my god they have different flavours" Ava says, and now it's my turn to laugh.

It makes sense why Riley and her are together.

"What can I get you three?" the woman running the stand asks.

"I'll get a classic please" Mia says handing over the money for all of us even though we haven't chosen.