Chapter Fifty Two

Walking off the jet I breathe in the air that surrounded New York and I loved it, it was my home and always would be.

"Welcome back to New York Mr. Winters" Elijah says walking over to me.

"Good to be back" I say walking over to the line of Brabus G-Wagons, where the back doors were open for us to get in.

Getting into the back I buckle my seat and Olivia slides in beside me.

"What's the plan for today, now that we're back in New York?" I ask.

"I want to go home, to your home".

"Okay, but we should invite your mom to dinner since you just got home".

"That's not a bad idea" Olivia says as the cars separate towards all of our homes.

Probably the only time my bodyguards will act as taxi service for others besides me.

When the long eight foot high wall of my property that had security cameras at each gate at occasions along the wall of the ten acre property, came into view I slowed so that I could turn into the driveway.

Most of the wall covered the parameter of my home most of which was from me having connected more property to allow for the total space.

My developers had a large budget which did end up with me having my house, a guard house, tennis court, gazebo pool area, private beach, a guest house, and a helipad. The only thing is I knew my property included this but I didn't realize it was on what used to be five separate residences, which did include the beach which didn't have markers though we all knew that the walls of the property were the markers.

Turning down the guard driveway we passed eight neatly placed Junipers that led to the four vehicle garage that held the Brabus's.

Parking the doors were opened and me and Olivia got out before walking away towards the stairs that led up onto the lawn which had a path back to my main house.

The home had grey siding and a black roof along with several modern aspects but the home also looked like it was lived in and not a place that would only be used as asset consumption something I hated, because I would never see the need in something that didn't get used.

Walking up the second pair of steps and to the front door of the mansion that was sixty thousand square feet though I often thought about how wrong that had to be because the house was massive sixteen bedrooms twenty full bathrooms, four half bathrooms, a living room, professional kitchen, two dining areas, and an office were just some of the things held in my actual home.

Unlocking the black wooden pivot door I let both me and Olivia inside and the smell of cinnamon and bergamot filled my nose.

Home sweet home.

Walking upstairs I went into my room and over to the lounge area where I found the pieces of paper I had written the note I left to Olivia.

"How many times did you write out that note?" she asks from the doorway.

"Seven" I say, "I hated myself when I did it but I thought it was best, when actually originally I planned to say nothing, which would have been wrong, and I wouldn't want you to find out after I had left".

"I cried you know, when you left, it was also hard being away from you".

"I'd be lying if three weeks weren't like hell especially when I walked into your work, I wanted to just come talk to you but I knew if I didn't leave I could never forgive myself before making things right with you".

"I'd say you made things right".

"Really" I say tearing the pieces of paper into tiny pieces.

"Yes, also I should have remembered your whole bedroom is like three thousand square feet".