017b ‑ The Paragon Part 2

(017b - The Paragon Part 2)

Enjoy! 🤭.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

"Are you okay?"

He asked again when I didn't reply the first time. I sighed in complete embarrassment, feeling all the blood rush to my ears.

Every single time. Every single goddamn time, he just happens to be the one who sees me in this position.

How embarrassing.

"Hilary, are you alright?" He asked again when I didn't answer him initially and I sighed, raising my head a little bit to glance at him. When my eyes met his rather worried amber orbs, I quickly looked away. I was too embarrassed to look at him in the eye or face him at least.

"I'm fine," I muttered, taking another breath of fresh air in. "I just need to breathe. I'll be okay." I said, hoping my tone would sound dismissive enough to tell him that I wasn't exactly comfortable with him being here with me, looking at me the way he was looking at me.

Simi has this very inciting yet unnerving way of looking at someone.

Or was it just me?

Just when I expected him to leave me and walk into the building where he was needed, he crouched down instead, bending right in front of me so that he would be in my eye level, his hands settling on either side of me, resting on the bench.

It was like a deja vu, of the first day we met. The day he had seen me in the empty classroom, crying my eyes out after what happened with Jidenna. This was the same position he took, but now he was looking at me in an entirely different way.

This look was more... intense?

I felt goosebumps sprout on my skin, uneasiness washing all over me. I looked at him again, seeing that he was still watching me. My heart began to race at a very unusual pace. Then, when he spoke, he only said one word.

Just one word.

"Breath," He whispered. And just like that, I took in a large gulp of fresh air, allowing it to fill my lungs.

I suddenly felt better.

Way better.

"Is that your drug?" He nodded towards the bottle of pills lying on the bench just beside Dawn's water bottle. I had even forgotten I brought them with me. Before I could answer, he dropped another question. "Have you taken it?" He asked again and I found myself shaking my head in negation.

He did the most unexpected thing by picking up the bottle and opened it.

"How many." He asked.

"Two." I found myself answering again.