Chapter 31

~~~Quick Author's Notes~~~

Hi, guys!!! I am so sorry for not posting this chapter sooner. I've been so stressed and so busy lately and I haven't felt very proud of my story. So I didn't want to post this chapter when I wasn't happy with it.

I just want to warn everybody, that a lot takes places in this "super long double update thingy." It's a lot to take in. So I apologize for shoving it all into one chapter. It's definitely not my best work, but we need to move on! AM I RIGHT LADIES and boys if any even read this! Haha, ILY GUYS AND ENJOY!!!!

And sorry if there are any miss spellings or grammatical errors in this chapter, because it is so long it's hard to proof read, lol.

~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

"What the heck was that?" I asked, covering my ears. The loud noise seemed to resonate off of the walls around us. What in the world is this? Are we all gonna die? It doesn't sound good that's for sure.

I look around to see that everyone around me was just continuing with whatever they're doing, as if an alarm isn't going off, "Frypan, what is that?" The noise abruptly cut off, leaving my ears ringing.

"I forget that newbies like you have no clue what's going on," Frypan tossed me a rag, "Wipe your hands off, Greenie."

I caught the cloth, still just as confused as before, "Did you forget that I asked a question?"

He didn't answer, as he threw whatever it was he was chopping up into a bowl.

"Did you even hear me?" I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand. In the kitchen, it's like ten times hotter than outside.

"I heard you," Frypan mumbled, as he washed his hands.

"Then why aren't you answering me?" I laughed, nervously.

"Look here, Greenbean, you aren't gonna like what I'm about to say, so brace yourself."

"Just say it," I hopped down from my seat on the counter.

"You aren't gonna be the newbie anymore."

"Wait! There's someone in the box? Is that why that alarm went off? What the heck- it's been a month already?"

"Wow, one question at a time, Green-"

"Brianne. I think, you should call me Brianne from now on. Technically, 'Greenie' isn't a correct term for me anymore."

Frypan grunted and rolled his eyes, "Fine, Brianne, we have to go and welcome our newcomer."

"Right now?"

"Well, yah. That alarm sounds about 30 minutes before the box arrives," He glanced at his watch.

"I really want one of those," I commented, looking at his time counting device.

"Work hard and maybe you'll earn one someday."

"Yah right, working hard doesn't seem to come easily to me."

"You're how old?"

"I don't know- Sixteen?- Hey, why are you asking me a question I don't know the answer to?"

"I'll ask anything to get you to shut up."

"I really feel like knocking this over." I touched the center pole that held the makeshift 'kitchen' up.

"Go ahead and destroy the kitchen. You've done it before, you might as well do it again."

"That wasn't me, I swear. I've done a lot of stupid things, but burning down your kitchen wasn't one of them."