Chapter 45

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hey!! Happy Update Day!!! Sorry it's kinda short?? I mean it's like 5,000 words but my recent chapters have been about 7,000-8,000 words, so it's shortish. BUT this chapter is literally right out of tmr book, like I dare you to read this along with the original THERE ARE NO FAULTS. I really went James Dasner on this one, BUT ANYWAY ENJOY!

Btw: this chapter starts off literally right after the last one, like seconds later, so if you need a refresher, I'd quickly look back :)

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

I walked through the door that Newt had decided he'd needed to hold open for me. I shot him another warning glance, "What did I just say?"

He closed the door as he walked out into the hallway after me, "That I shouldn't take care of you," I heard him mumble.

"Okay, so why did you do that?" I asked, moving my hair over my shoulder.

"Because, its instinct. I'm trying to help you, I know you don't feel well," He defended, shrugging.

"But you didn't have to hold that door open, Newt. It stays open on its own!- And you don't need to help me," I spun on my heels and began walking down the hall.

"What?- Brianne! I'm just trying to be nice," I heard him rush to catch up with me, "Why are you suddenly pissed at me?"

"I'm not pissed at you," I mumbled, defensively.

"Yes, you are! You're starting a fight for absolutely no reason!" He yelled, right behind me.

"Me?! You're the one who's yelling!"

As we passed by the Medjacks room, Clint greeted us, "Morning Newt. Morning Brianne," clearly not sensing our irritation.

We both stopped, only momentarily, and smiled and simultaneously replied, "Morning."

I gave him an annoyed look, "Don't copy me."

Newt burst out laughing, as I flipped my hair and ran downstairs, "How was I copying you? I simply greeted someone who greeted me."

"I don't know how you did it, either. But you did," My hand reached out to open the door to leave the homestead, "See, I'm perfectly capable of opening doors for myself," I yanked on the doorknob.

It didn't freaking budge.

I tried again, "You can't be serious," I mumbled under my breath.

"Need help?" Newt asked, from behind me. His voice was laced with humor.

"No, I'm fine," I pulled on the door again, huffing in defeat.

"Brianne-" Newt started, laughing.

"No, Newt. I can do this myself," I studied the door, "Why won't you just open?" I asked the door. Yes, I do talk to inanimate objects. Is that a problem? Probably.

"You have to push, not pull, that's why," Newt informed, moving past me. His hand wrapped around the knob and he easily pushed the door open, a look of triumph on his face, "Now, can you please tell me why you're angry?"

"I'm not angry," I said, angrily walking out of the homestead, but not without sharply turning around to face Newt first, "And no this doesn't count, I chose to walk first. You didn't hold the door open for me."

Newt didn't say anything, just chuckled to himself our whole way over to the kitchen.

"Now, I was going to offer to get breakfast for you, so that you could go sit down, but I'm sure you don't want me to do that, do you?" Newt asked, as we entered the dining area, "And I get that, because you seem to be perfectly fine and not upset at all and I totally believe you when you say that you're okay," Newt raised his eyebrows at me, waiting for a response.