Chapter 60

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hi, everyone! Kinda short chapter today, but I wanted to update before my crazy schedule started. My basketball games are starting this week, which makes me really excited, but also stressed, haha. BUT I hope you all have a lovely week!

I decided to keep the question thing going! It's so fun hearing from everyone.

So Question of the Update: What's your favorite quote? It can be from a movie, a book, a song, someone you look up to, etcetera.

This was really hard for me to narrow down, but I've gone with four:

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations-" The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

"Lost the battle; won the war-" Not too sure where I got this, haha.

"Destinations are where we begin again-" Believe by Josh Groban. Yes this is a Christmas song.

"Vanity, not love, has been my folly-" Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

So yah! Tell me your favorite quotes. I'm really excited for this question. OKAY anyway, enjoy! Spoiler: Newt Pov towards the end :)

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

"Thomas!" Newt shouted, running after him. I grabbed a towel from the Medjacks room and followed behind them.

"It's Minho! He went out there after the griever!" Thomas said, taking on the stairs two at a time.

I handed the towel to Newt, he immediately pressed it against his bleeding forehead.

Newt grimaced as he wiped the blood off of his hands, "Shuck it, this hurts."

"And I'm going after him!" Thomas announced, opening the door to the homestead.

"Time to be the bloody hero again, Tommy?" Newt asked, taking Thomas and I back at first.

Thomas turned sharply, a look of hurt on his face, "You think I do these things to impress you shanks? Please. All I care about is leaving this place."

"Whatever, you go ahead. There are bigger problems for us to worry about right now."

"What?" Thomas asked, not leaving.

"Somebody-" I started, my heart aching.

Then Minho burst into the homestead, buckling over, hands on his knees, breathing heavily, "I just had to make sure," He heaved.

"Make sure of what?" Newt asked, still pressing the towel to his forehead. Blood started to seep through the white cloth, "Lotta good you'd be, taken by Gally."

"Slim it, I just wanted to see if the grievers went toward the cliff. Toward the Griever hole."

"And?" All three of us asked in unison.

"Wait the griever hole? What the heck is that?" I asked. Newt gave me a look that said, 'I'll tell you later.'

"Bingo," Minho smirked, standing to his full height.

"I just can't believe this night. It's been crazy," Newt groaned, almost whispering.

"Wait-" Thomas stopped, "What were you saying, Brianne. You were telling me there are problems."

I ran over to the door and pointed outside, "Somebody set the map room on fire."

Newt nodded in agreement, wincing as he did so, "Yeah, you can still see the buggin' smoke."