Sneak Peek

~~~Author's Notes~~~

So it's been like two weeks since I've updated and I am really really sorry. I'm just getting back into that whole 'school' thing and my volleyball season just started SO I'm stressed out. And my birthday just passed so I've been celebrating and such!

But with that being said THE SCORCH TRIALS MOVIE CAME OUT IN AMERICA LAST WEEK!!!! I saw it on my birthday and lets just say, without spoiling, that it is absolutely nothing like the book, BUT fantastic! Like I almost enjoyed it more than the Maze Runner. You really just have to understand that the movie isn't meant to be exactly like the book, and once I got that I FELL IN LOVE.

NEWT IS SO HOT and SHOUTOUT TO EVERYONE WHO KNOWS THE SCENE IN TST MOVIE WHEN THOMAS IS AT THE PARTY/CLUB WITH THE CRANKS AND HE SEES NEWT! I SOBBED!

YET THE TDC IS IN 2017?!! I CRY, why you gotta be so far away?

BUT OKAY SORRY, back to the point. No this is not a whole chapter update, but I felt awful for not posting so this is the first part of it. Almost like a sneak peek, but just like a literal chunk of the chapter.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY and you might wanna look back at the last chapter just to catch up. ILY GUYS AND I WILL TALK TO YOU VERY SOON!

~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

I opened the door to Newt's room, my heart racing, my hands shaking, my knees feeling like they were going to give out. Newt was sat at the edge of his bed, head in his hands, that was, until he looked up at me.

"Brianne," Newt started, his mouth opening.

"Don't," I rushed, the word sounding like plea.

"I know, I was wrong to stop you earlier. I trust you. I understand why you want to fix things with Victoria. You're such a nice person, and I wish I was that nice, but- how'd it go with her? You've been gone for almost an hour," Newt stood from the bed, and began walking over to me.

I didn't move any further into the room. I wanted the truth and I wanted it now.

"I didn't talk to Victoria," I answered, my voice shaking.

'Newt killed someone,' echoed repeatedly in the back of my mind.

Newt stopped, a confused look on his face, "Why not? I thought that's what you wanted to do?"

"I didn't get to her," My heart felt like it was in my stomach.

I knew nothing about who Newt really was.

He'd killed someone.

Newt came closer to me, his hand reaching out for mine, but I pulled away, taking a step back, "What's wrong?" He asked, his eyes widening at my apprehension.

I stuffed my hand into my pocket to pull out the piece of paper I'd taken from the storage cellar after talking to Gally. I unfolded it and held it out in front of me for Newt to take, "Tell me who Carly is or we're over."

Newt's body visibly tensed, his eyes flicking down to the paper and then back up to my face. I was handing him Carly's record of death, "How'd you hear about her?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"Gally," I huffed, my legs weakening.

I secretly wanted Newt to tell me that Gally had lied, that he really hadn't killed Carly. But as Newt's voice wavered in strength, I knew my naive thoughts were just that: naive.

"He didn't tell you what really happened. He's a liar. Whatever he told you is a lie," Newt shook his head.

"It doesn't matter what he told me. All I want is the truth? What happened out in the maze the day that Carly died? I'm so serious Newt. I will flush this ring down the toilet if you don't tell me what you did," I closed my eyes, as I breathed in the full weight of my words, "The time for lies is over."

I saw a tear fall from Newt's eye, "I-I didn't know what I was doing. I panicked-"

"And killed someone?" I asked, my voice hysteric.

"It's not what you think, Brianne. I didn't want-"

"Want anyone to know? Well, I found out and it's exactly what I think it is, isn't it?"

"No! Gally wasn't even there! He walked away. He doesn't know what Carly did to me!"

"What she did to you? You killed her!"

I felt sick. Newt killed someone and didn't even feel bad about it? First his speech about 'sacrificing me' for the greater good and now this?

What's gotten into him?

Another tear rolled down Newt's cheek, his bottom lip trembling, "I promise, if I could change things, I would- I didn't know- It haunts me everyday, Brianne."

"What happened, Newt?" I let my hand touch his hand, hoping that I wasn't being too harsh. But- I had to know everything that'd happened, from Newt's perspective.

"She made me kill her," He spoke, shaking his head.

My breath hitched in my throat, a space that had tightened at Newt's declaration, "Please, Newt, tell me everything," I cried, almost begging.

And he did.

~~~~~~

~~~Author's Notes~~~

This has to be my most clever idea yet, or maybe not, but I felt this idea in my heart one night and I DECIDED TO ROLL WITH IT. And I can feel the angry comments, but this is just making for a very complicated third book. *smiles and cries*

ILY BYEE!!