Chapter 23

~~~Quick Author's Note~~~

*To prevent confusion, I just want to mention that this chapter takes place on the same day as Chapter 21 and the beginning of Chapter 22* ENJOY THIS LONG UPDATE!! *This chapter is in Brianne's Pov btw*

~~~~~

My hand ran along the rough surface of the glade's walls. I tried to push away the feeling of isolation and confinement I felt towards this place. We weren't trapped; we're just stuck. Being stuck is only temporary.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

"Thomas."

"Who the heck was that?" I yelled out, unintentionally.

What was that? Who was that?

"Thomas."

Thomas who?

"Thomas knows the way out."

Yah, so do I- Who the heck is Thomas? Why is someone in my thoughts?

I'm crazy. It's official, guys. Nick might as well banish me right this second, because I am literally insane.

These messed up gladers are starting to influence my level of sanity. It's plummeting fast.

"Hey!"

"Alright, Thomas, I get it you know the way out." I mumbled, sarcastically.

"Who the heck is Thomas?" The voice said.

"I wish I knew too, trust me-" I turned around. Oh, someone was actually talking to me this time.

It was Amelia.

Mentally throws self off cliff.

"What?" I asked, annoyed. I might have just been getting answers to the great unanswered questions in my life and this shuckface, yah I just used a glader word, decides to talk to me.

"I just wanted to talk," she said, smiling.

"Remember the last time we just talked? I don't want to punch you, Amelia. So save yourself the trouble and leave me alone." I rolled my eyes. My stomach growled. I was gonna miss breakfast because of this chick.

"I have things to say to you and I intend to say them."

"Look, Amelia, I don't want to start a fight with you." I replied, taking a step backwards. It literally took every ounce of my self-control not to punch her.

"Sure, ya' know that's exactly what the guilty people always say."

"The guilty?" What the heck is she talking about now?

"Yah." I couldn't get past the anger and humor in Amelia's eyes. It was the weirdest combination ever.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You killed Stephan."

"What?" I couldn't help the surge of terror that came with the name Stephan.

"It's your fault he died."

"I almost died too." I said, defending myself.

"That means nothing. Just wait until I go and tell Nick about my discoveries."

"What discoveries?"

"This discovery." She pulled out a piece of paper.

"What's that?"

Then it hit me. Thats the medjacks note I took from the storage room.

"How the heck did you get that?" I asked, completely befuddled.