Chapter 13

"Whatcha thinkin' in that pretty little memory erased head of yours?"

"Where is everyone?" I asked ignoring Victoria's question.

It's been a week. The most dreadful week ever. But still a week. I think I'm finally starting to get use to the atmosphere of the glade, but life always does this thing where it changes, so you never know.

"Probably getting ready for all the games tonight." She said twisting her shower soaked curls into a bun on the top of her head.

"Games? You people play games?" She glared at me as I looked around the glade. Today was Saturday, apparently the last day of the week, and here in the glade Saturdays are fun days. Everyone stops working a bit earlier and now they allegedly play games too.

"Of course."

"Sorry, but y'all seem above that kind of life." I laughed.

"Y'all?"

"You have absolutely no room to complain about the way I speak." I rolled my eyes, "Now tell me about the games you buggers supposedly play."

"First off: Never say the word buggers again. And second: All kinds of games. Card games, physical games. I don't know, you do whatever you want." Victoria said.

My mind went back to when Victoria questioned me on my favorite type of male. I almost laughed at the memory, "Maybe I'll just flirt with all the runners." I said twirling a piece of my hair around my finger.

"Okay, have fun with that, like they would hang out with you." I looked up to see Minho and Newt walking over to us. Minho on top of Newts back.

"Hey, look it's your friends." I said.

"Hi," Minho yelled dragging out the word.

Victoria turned to face me, "They're here to talk to me. They don't like newbies."

Typical Victoria.

"What do you mean, they obviously love my good looks and charm." I said, chuckling. I look like a potato next to Victoria, she was absolutely gorgeous.

"Please." She muttered, as she composed herself.

"What? No hello to your favorite person?" Minho asked Victoria, as he hopped off of Newt, "I'm genuinely upset."

"I'm sure you'll get over that eventually." She said, smiling up at Minho.

"Whatever, I don't need anyone. Am I right man?" He turned towards Newt, who nodded, not sure but I think he rolled his eyes too.

Something wasn't normal about Victoria and Minho's relationship. I took a mental note to ask her about it later.

"No girl, no problem." Minho laughed.

"Anyway, what are you guys plannin' on doing tonight?" Victoria asked the two boys.

I kind of stopped listening at that point, my eyes focusing on a group of gladers who were carrying piles of wood towards the center of the glade. I recognized two of the kids as Ben and Gally, builders, I think that's what Nick called their group.

My gaze moved to the people who were putting their gardening tools into a big shed, their days work done. The farm land was pretty, but I couldn't imagine working in the sweltering heat all day.

As you can probably see, I'm trying to get one last look at all of my job options. Tonight I'll get to announce my choice to all of the gladers.

If I was being honest, none of the jobs that were offered to me caught my attention. I wanted to be a Medjack. But there was one problem, I had no clue how to heal the sick and tend to wounds.