Chapter 44

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hey, guys! This chapter sucks or at least I think it does, but then again I think every chapter sucks. It's just that this update will either confuse the crap out of you or it'll make complete sense. It's setting something up for a very very future update. Like tdc future update! SPEAKING OF THAT, I've been writing chapters for the other books in this series and HOLY CRAP MY TDC FANFIC IS going to kill everyone. Like I was crying last night as I wrote it. There's just gonna be so much Newt and I'm gonna cry again.

ANYWAY, enough of that, OH WAIT before you read, Brianne is not pregnant as some people thought, actually she's quit the opposite. You'll know what that means very soon !!!

~~~~~

~~~Third Person Pov~~~

"We have a major problem," Karen said, running her hands over her hair, "Janson!"

"What is it now?" He asked, walking up to Karen's work space.

"This could possibly be the biggest problem we've ever had in the maze- actually not even just in the maze trials, but also in the scorch trials! If we can't fix this, or prevent this, then we could have a huge issue."

"What is it?" Janson repeated, getting frustrated. Karen was always so dramatic about everything that happened in the experiments. Someone's shoe would get dirty and Karen would contemplate shutting the whole operation down.

"It's about Brianne," She started.

Janson rolled his eyes, "Isn't it always?"

"She- um, well. When we- you know," She whispered this part, "Cut her from the system, did we cut her anti-hormone supply off with it?"

"Yah, why?" He asked, "Thats a give in."

"Well, it seems to me that her 'cycle' is trying to begin cycling again," Karen didn't know how to explain what she wanted to say, "She's now a normal teenage girl."

"Oh," Janson looked around the room, "Is that an issue?"

"I don't know if she's gonna need things. I don't even know if it will come back, after we stopped it. But she's having cravings, and cramps, and she's an emotional wreck, which are all signs of PMS."

"This is why we stop these things," Janson closed his eyes, "Is that the huge problem you were talking about?"

"Part of it, yes," Karen looked at Janson for a few seconds, before she finally said, "If Brianne can get her period, then she can get pregnant."

"What?"

"Thankfully, she seems to be pretty innocent, but with her and Newt getting engaged this morning, I don't know what the future will hold for them. I mean, if all goes well, our subjects should be out of the maze within a few weeks, but what about in the scorch? She can't be pregnant. It'll throw everything off."

"Wait, what was that about Newt and Brianne?" Janson asked, disregarding all of the important parts of Karen's declaration.

"Oh, you missed it while you where at your meeting with the Chancellor. Newt proposed," Karen shouted, excitedly, "We even had a little party."

"We can't wait for the wedding! Imagine the vows, with everything they've been through!" One of the workers who stood close by chirped in.

"Imagine the things we could send them to celebrate!" Another person exclaimed.

"No, no. No! What do we look like the party planning committee? None of that will happen. And Karen, how dare you throw a party for our subjects, when you're supposed to be working," Janson angrily said.