Chapter 63

~~~Author's Notes~~~

*I will always accept names for my positivity jar, so comment here if you wanna be added. It does not matter when you read this, I plan on keeping it going for a while. I'm starting the name drawing in the next update! I'll pick two for the first one.*

But Hiiii!!! I cover a lot in this chapter and honestly the beginning part makes me want to cry. I think because, you'll see, that the tables kinda turn. And Brianne and Newt see things differently. Idk why I find it sad.

But Question of the Update: Out of all of your favorite characters, from tv shows and movies and books, who is your absolute favorite?

I have so many favorites, but I've spent two years writing a fanfic about Newt, so he's probably my all time favorite. My close second is Peeta (From The Hunger Games.)

ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS UPDATE, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

"What the actual heck just happened?" Newt sighed, as we walked into the bathroom.

"I-I don't know," I mumbled, leaning against the door as I shut it.

Newt moved in front of the sink and turned the faucet on. He cupped his hands and let the water fill them. He splashed the most likely cold liquid onto his face, washing away the dirt and blood and sweat. His face was dripping as he twisted the knob to the right, shutting the water off.

He placed his hands on the sides of the sink, resting on it. He looked up at his own reflection, but then shifted his focus to me in the background.

"I became the leader and this place fell apart," Newt barely voiced, but I heard his words loud and clear.

I closed my eyes for a moment, "This would have happened anyway. It had nothing to do with anything that you've done."

Newt brought his left hand up to his face and pinched the bridge of his nose with his pointer finger and his thumb, "I mean, this whole thing seems pretty awful. But I think we can do it- escape, I mean. All this work can't be for nothing."

I nodded, but tears still welled in my eyes, "It's not pointless," I barely got out this last part, "It can't be."

Newt bit his lip. A drop of water rolled down his cheek and fell onto his shirt, dampening a small portion of the fabric, "I'm not giving up, Brianne. Not yet and not this time."

I felt like I needed to tell Newt everything I knew about this place. Everything I knew about me. Everything I knew about him. About us.

But I couldn't tell him. Deep down I didn't want to.

"We're gonna be okay," I cried, wiping a tear off of my face. More replaced it instantly. I didn't really believe everything was going to be okay.

I watched as another droplet of water beaded on Newt's forehead. It moved quickly, leaving a trail of water behind as it rolled down his nose.

"I know why he did it; Thomas," Newt mumbled, shifting his gaze in the mirror down to his hands.

"He wanted memories," I confirmed.

"If he gets those memories, because we all know that he means something to the people that put us here, then maybe he'll remember what we need to do to get out."

"Maybe."

"So you have the most important job," His voice was soft now. He was clearly trying to cheer me up, "Because if he dies, we won't have his memories. And without the memories, we might not have an escape," Newt whispered, "We need an escape."