Chapter 52

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Hi guys! I really feel like I should say something here, but I'm gonna save all of it until the end, because a couple of people have said that they are more likely to read authors notes at the end of the update! So I'm gonna try that haha. OKAY ENJOY!

~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

I walked down the hallway and into the Medjack's room.

Jeff and Clint both shot me annoyed looks, "What?" I asked, pulling my hair up into an elastic, "Hello, to you too?"

"Don't act like you don't know," Jeff huffed, rolling his eyes at me.

"Sorry?" I hadn't even seen these two this morning, so why were they angry at me?

"Newt didn't say anything to you about the meeting last night?" Clint asked, his tone of voice much nicer than Jeff's.

"I haven't really seen him much," I replied, playing with the bottom hem of my shirt, "so no."

"Well, that's why then," Jeff scoffed, leaving the room.

Once he was gone, I decided to go to Clint for answers. He's always been nothing but kind to me.

"What's his problem?" I asked, sitting down in a chair. My eyes flicked over to the sleeping Teresa, and I couldn't help but freak out a bit. How could I have dreamt about talking to her last night?

"He's just angry that he didn't get promoted, like you did," Clint sighed, attempting to feed Teresa.

"What do you mean, promoted? To what?" I asked, genuinely confused. What was I being promoted to? For Newt's sake and reputation, I hope it wasn't anything too drastic.

Without time to answer me, Newt ran into the room, completely out of breath. He threw his hands on his knees in an attempt to breathe properly.

"What happened?" I asked, standing.

There's absolutely no way-

"It's," He took another breath, "Alby."

"Alby?" Clint and I both gasped in unison.

"And Thomas and Minho," Newt said this while only looking at me, "They're all alive."

"Alive? How can that be? Weren't they out with the grievers?" Clint asked, more shocked than I was.

"Alby's barely alive, but," Newt blinked rapidly, "All three of them survived."

"Where are they?" I asked, glancing out the window.

"Some Gladers are bringing them up here," Pointing at Clint, Newt then said, "You with Minho and Jeff with Alby. Second Medjack's room for you, third for him."

"Alright," Clint nodded, seeming less out of it, as he left the room.

I saw four or five people rush through the hallway, carrying a very dead looking Alby. I tried to move to get a better look.

Why won't Newt let me be in the room with him?

"And me?" I asked, wondering why he didn't tell me what to do.

"And you'll be in here, with her," Newt answered, turning to leave.

"Newt, that's so boring!"

"Work doesn't have to be fun, love."

"What about Thomas?" I asked, flicking my eyes to the side. I raised one of my eyebrows.

Newt cringed, but also shrugged his shoulders, "I'll take care of him-"