Chapter 46

~~~Author's Notes~~~

*When you're so anxious about starting school that you're crying and writing but neither of those are helping* This chapter sucks but I'm done editing it, sorry...,,...

BUT this chapter is very crazy, and so long.

Like I don't know if anyone's noticed, but in my story there's been an underlying tension between Newt and Gally and in this chapter, more so the next, you finally see why. It's insane and I don't even know what twisted part of my brain came up with it. I guess, it's not as crazy as some of my other ideas though, so.

I have sparks of creativity, sometimes.

But please, please, please give me feedback on this chapter. I'm really interested in hearing everyone's opinions. ANYWAY ENJOY!!

WARNING: I talk very lightly about periods in this chapter. If anyone thinks that that's crossing a line, I'm sorry. It won't happen again.

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

I reluctantly opened the door to the main Medjacks room, dreading the fact that I was going to have to stay in here all day and watch Crazy Ben, while Clint and Jeff hung out with the, probably equally crazy, but much less destructive, girl in a coma. And to top it all off, it had to be 100 degrees today. And being inside when it was this hot, absolutely sucked.

And, I mean, I'm new, shouldn't I get the easier of the two patients?

"Wait," I said, as I stepped into the room.

Nobody was in here. The bed was unmade. The drawers and cabinets were all open. And Ben was nowhere to be seen.

"Jeff! Clint!" I shouted, not really concerned, as I walked further into the room.

Maybe they moved him to a different room?

I walked over to the desk, where a pile of papers were spread out. Maybe they let him go?

But when I flipped to Ben's record sheet, I was proved sorely wrong. Someone had written 'mentally unstable, and threat', under his name.

So why was he gone? And why was this room such a mess?

"Where's Ben?" I asked, 110% positive that they could hear me in the room next door. Were they seriously ignoring me?

I stomped over to the room they were in, and opened the door without knocking.

You're kidding, right?

Clint, Jeff, Alby, and Newt were all sitting around in chairs, just relaxing, as the girl slept peacefully in the bed.

"Did none of you here me?" I asked, shaking the papers I still held in my hand.

"The fan must have drowned out your voice," Clint answered, giving me a kind smile.

"What-! A fan? Since when do we have a fan? I sweat all day in the other room and you people have a bloody fan in here. A place where none of you are even doing anything!" I shouted, absolutely furious. I would have laughed at the fact that I said 'bloody' had I not been so angered. Even Newt didn't laugh.

"Brianne," Jeff whispered, "The newbie's in a coma and silence is the best thing for her right now. So please lower your voice."

I looked over at Newt who was slumped down in a chair right next to the fan, a blank look on his face, as he asked me, "What's wrong?"

I rolled my eyes, "Where'd you guys put Ben?"

"Ha ha, nice joke. He's right next door," Jeff mumbled, taking a folded paper and fanning the sleeping girl.