Chapter 21

~~~Author's Notes~~~

Literal crap chapter. I had writers block until yesterday, haha. But exciting chapters are coming very soon in my story, don't worry! I have crazy things planned for Newt, mostly, and a bit for Brianne. I don't want to rush their relationship, but it needs a little push here and there. So I hope things aren't moving too fast.

This update stunk, I'm sorry baes!! My week has been awful, full of tests and exams and drama, and such. But Christmas Break is so soon and I'm so excited!! *Y'all know what that means; faster updates!!!!*

~~~~~

~~~Brianne's Pov~~~

"Do you really think he likes me?" I asked, fixing the cot for what felt like the millionth time. Victoria had this weird fetish with clean beds. All day, she'd make and remake the beds anytime someone sat on one.

"Of course, I mean, I'm right -what?- 99% of the time." Victoria answered, while she ate an apple.

"But remember what happened the last time I took advice from you?" I laughed, remembering what Victoria had made me do, yesterday.

"Yah, I forced you and Newt to talk. I'm such a horrible person. Somebody arrest me."

"You made me lie."

"You lied and cut the dinner line, big deal." Victoria sighed, "But I was still right."

Victoria and I had been the last ones in the dinner line; which if you don't know, that's awful. If you're last, then you get the bottom of the barrel food. I'm like already skeptical of Frypan's cooking. I can only imagine what it tastes like cold.

So Victoria, being Victoria, took one glance up to the middle of the line and immediately plotted out an escape from the back; let me just mention now, that Newt was about 30 people in front of us, "Go cut the line, Brianne."

I shook my head, assuming that Victoria was kidding, "Oh okay, I'll ask Nick if he'll let me stand with him." I said, sarcastically.

"No, I'm serious. Ask Newt. He's like a whole lifetime ahead of us in line. Just start talking to him. He won't even realize your intentions."

"What about you?" I asked, trying to cling to any reason for me not to go talk to Newt.

"You can get food for the both of us," She said, stepping out of line, "Go. You trust me, don't ya?"

"I'm not cutting the line, Victoria." I said, finally.

"Looks like we're not eating tonight."

"Don't pull that crap with me." I mumbled, glancing at the Kitchen, which had to be a solid mile away.

Okay, not really, but it seemed so incredibly far from where I stood.

"Do it. You know you want to talk to him, anyway." Victoria smirked at me, "He always goes awkwardly out of his way to talk to you. Do the same for him."

"No, he doesn't." I said, more for self-reassurance.

"He came up to the medjack's room asking for a bandaid for Minho. I asked Minho how his cut was later that day and he said he never got one."

"That could mean anything."

"He asked us when the box was coming this morning at breakfast. Newt's been here longer than me, he knows when the box is coming."

"We did all lose our memory-"

"We're not that stupid, though." She shrugged her shoulders, "Whatever, you don't see the signs, it's okay. Looks like that relationship won't last long."