Chapter 59: "Love-Struck"

Breakfast with Papyrus was an absolute blessing. He is the sweetest man you've ever met, and this was the perfect way to start the day.

You both spoke about life back home. And that was definitely focused more on Papyrus' former life in the underground.

He told you of the ever snowy "Snowdin", the ever hot "Hotland", the ever wet "Waterfall", and the ever homey "New Home".

You can tell just by these four areas that someone definitely sucks at naming things.

Well, okay. Snowdin is a pun, and therefore is very clever... But, it still lacks some originality. 7/10.

Now, if Papyrus had named it, it'd instantly receive a 10/10. And that's not just because you're biased, it's just that anything that exits that skeleton's mouth is somehow 10x funnier than when spoken by anyone else.

...

Okay, maybe you are a bit biased. But, hey! He's funny as hell!

But, that's besides the point.

You enjoyed your time with Papyrus to the fullest extent, so when he had to leave, you were pretty bummed. Though, you tried your best to not let your gloom show to your customers. After all, you don't wanna influence anyone's mood negatively. So, you tried your best to stay as much on the positive side as you could.

"(Y/N), can you get me the newest batch of Boston cream donuts out of the kitchen?" Muffet suddenly asked, tearing your mind from your thoughts.

"Yeah, of course!" You smiled, then used your heelies to glide into the back smoothly.

You quickly fetched them, and by the time you rolled back out to put them in the display case, you saw a familiar face.

The details are a bit fuzzy, but as you study his appearance, you soon realize who it is.

It's the guy who stood up to Audrey at her march a few days ago. And of course, it's also the same guy who saved your ass from being beaten to smithereens by your ex-friend.

What was his name-?

You froze, blushing in embarrassment as you couldn't recall his name.

So, before he had the chance to notice you, you ducked behind the counter and began to carefully add the donuts into the display case with a pair of tongs.

You literally invited this guy to come by Muffet's, how the hell did you forget his name???

You heard his footsteps approach the counter and you mouthed a swear.

"Good morning, sir! How may I help you?" Muffet suddenly asked him as you continued placing the donuts in their case.

Muffet might've just saved your ass. God bless her.

"Same to you! Just wondering, by any chance, is (Y/N) here?" He suddenly asked, smiling.

Okay, never mind.

"Yes! She's actually right down here!" Muffet giggled. Them looked down to you.

You quickly put the rest of the donuts up, then sprang up to face him. You're just gonna have to do this. And, you have an idea on how to get his name again.

"Hello! It's nice to see you again!" You smiled, reaching back and placing the pan behind you.

"Welcome to Muffet's! Muffet, this is—" You paused.

Okay you only have one chance to not fuck this up in any way. You can do this.

"Pardon me, but what was your name?" You asked.