Chapter 3: "Ebott City Park"

After you got home from work last night, you changed into your pajamas and fell asleep on your couch watching videos on your phone. You slept for a good eight hours before you awoke in the morning.

You sat up slowly and looked at the time on your phone, it was nine o'clock. You stretched and walked into your small kitchen, you filled up a small pot with water and put it on the stovetop.

Coffee would be the best thing to kick you into gear, it always helped you get going in the mornings. You walked to your cabinet and pulled out a small baking pan, you placed it on the stovetop and made your way over to your fridge. You opened the freezer side and pulled out a box of frozen waffles, you placed two waffles on the pan and put it in the oven.

You set the oven to three hundred fifty degrees and pulled out a coffee mug. It had a llama wearing sunglasses on it along with the text "I'm a drama-llama". It always made you smile, your best friend Maia, whom moved away a year ago gave it to you as a parting gift.

You and her still texted frequently, you both missed each other very much and your group of friends isn't the same without her. She had moved away because she had been offered a job working as an animatior with a big company and she would never turn down such a great offer.

She talked about coming to visit someday and you told her that would be wonderful. You knew that she'd be ashamed of Grace, Audrey and you for going to all those protests so you never mentioned them. She had told you via text her opinions about the monsters, she said that they were normal people that shouldn't be judged by their looks or race.

You got a coffee bag out of your pantry and put it into your mug. You turned around and smiled when you saw the water was boiling, you poured the water into the mug and waited for the coffee to brew. The wonderful smell of coffee filled the air as you got some milk and sugar out.

The timer on your oven went off so you pulled the waffles out and put them on a plate, you walked with your coffee mug to your couch and sat down to eat breakfast.

---------------------------------------------

You walked down the sidewalk, taking notice of your surroundings. You were on your way to the Ebott City Park, your favorite place to relax in the entire city. You were wearing a T-shirt of your favorite band and jean capri pants, you'd prefer this over your work uniform any day. The warm summer air surrounded you and the sun shown a brilliant yellow.

In the distance you could hear two male voices talking back and forth, one joking and playful and the other annoyed. You tried ignoring the voices but somebody shouted "watch out!" and you stopped dead in your tracks. Your gaze flicked up and you saw the small skeleton from yesterday running towards you at full speed, it seems like he can't stop.

He crashed into you with such force that he knocked you backwards onto the concrete sidewalk. "Oof!" You gasped as the air was knocked out if you.

The small skeleton quickly jumped up, "OH MY STARS, I'M SO SORRY!"

The taller skeleton that had stared at you yesterday walked over, he must've been the one that told you to 'watch out'. He reached out his hand to help you up and you gladly accepted it. He helped you to your feet and you brushed yourself off. "Thank you," You spoke as you turned to the smaller skeleton who looked very sad.

"It's alright, there's no need to apologize." You told him with a smile.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" He asked you worriedly.

You nodded in response and you turned to see the taller skeleton again, he was leaning against a tree smoking a cigarette. He was wearing the same outfit that he wore yesterday, wouldn't it be funny if he was like a cartoon character and had multiple pairs of the same clothing?