Chapter 9: "Stranger Danger"

As you walked, the sun was starting to go down fast. The sunset was a beautiful cloudy pink and orange, it was absolutely gorgeous and you stopped to take a photo with your phone. You aimed it at the perfect area and took a few photos. It looked more spectacular in real life than on your phone but, filters could probably fix that.

You tucked your phone back into your pocket and resumed walking, it was still a pleasant temperature outside. It was only around seventy-five degrees fahrenheit, which was pretty good for a summer night.

The clouds were starting to close in and you could hear some thunder crack in the distance. The wind also picked up and blew your hair around. You had forgotten that it was going to storm tonight. You'd better go home the quick way, which is the route Austin knows about. Hopefully he wouldn't be there, not many would be out tonight if something were to happen.

So, you quickly walked home as the storm approached. You regretted not bringing an umbrella, that would probably be very helpful in this situation.

You put your hands in your pockets and trudged forwards, you looked up at the street as you walked and noticed that it wasn't very busy. Only a few cars passed every five minutes, and that was unusual for this time of day.

It was around fifteen minutes into your walk when a blue car pulled up to the curb beside you, you stopped walking and looked over at it worriedly. Only bad thoughts were going through your mind. What could the person want? Who was it? Were they planning on kidnapping you?

Slowly the window unrolled and you moved back from the car a bit. Sitting inside on the driver's side was none of than Austin, of course he'd find you right now.

"Oh, joy." You muttered under your breath.

You quickly reached your hand into your bag and pulled out the pepper spray, holding it in your hand carefully as you looked into the car.

"Heya angel, you don't wanna get your wings wet do you? A storm's approaching and I can drive you to your apartment." He offered with a grin.

"No thank you, I'm fine." You replied flatly as you started walking again.

To your dismay, instead of driving off Austin just followed beside you at the same speed as your walking. "Aw, come on cutie. Let me drive ya." He spoke.

"Take care," You growled in response as you walked faster.

"What? I'm not giving up that fast." He declared as he matched your pace.

"How about you come to my house? It's not that far away." He spoke with a slight chuckle.

"Hell no! I'm not going to get in your car, or go to your house, leave me alone!" You snapped.

"Ooh, I do love a feisty gal." He chuckled.

You quickly turned to Austin and flipped him off, you knew it was wrong, but it felt so right. He seemed taken aback by your sudden action and followed you faster. "Come on, (Y\N)! Just come with me this once and I'll leave you alone." He promised.

"I will never go anywhere with you, ever!" You hissed.

"Come on baby, the rain is just a few blocks away." He replied flatly.

"I won't say it again, no!" You replied before quickly running away.

"W-what? I'm not giving up yet!" He growled as he suddenly put his foot on the accelerator and sped after you.

His tires screeched against the pavement as he went down the road quickly until he slammed on the breaks, stopping beside you at a crosswalk. "You can't run away from me that easily," He grumbled.