Chapter 30: "Embarrassment"

It had been around thirty minutes since the blushing Sans had run away and you and Maia had ended up just chatting with everyone who was attending. Dinner was in about fifteen minutes and you were excited for what Toriel had said was for dinner. She had made vegetable soup and home cooked cheese biscuits to go with it.

Even from the living room you could smell the delicious food being kept at a simmer. And well, after a while, the wonderful smell made your stomach growl and Maia chuckled. "Hungry?" She asked you you giggled. "Apparently so."

You two were going to converse some more before you turned your head to see Papyrus walking up to you. You smiled and waved and he returned the smile, waving as well.

As soon as the tall-statured skeleton finished his stride over to you and Maia, he shoved his hands into his pockets. "heya, (y/n) this your friend that's stayin' with ya?" He asked and you nodded. "Yeah! This is Maia, she's actually the one who discovered your wallet in the couch." You replied as you reached into your pocket, pulling out his wallet and holding it out for him.

Papyrus gratefully took his wallet back and slipped it into his back pocket. "oh yeah? well, thanks to the both of ya. it's also nice to meet ya, kiddo." Papyrus spoke as he grinned a bit. "It's no problem! And, it's nice to finally meet you in person! Asgore and I became good buddies over the past year and he's told me a lot about you." Maia replied.

"oh, yeah. i think he may have mentioned ya in a few phone calls of ours. you're an animator, yeah?' Papyrus asked for clarification and Maia nodded with a smile. "You betcha!" She replied enthusiastically. "ey, that's cool! and that confirms it, he did mention ya in a lot of phonecalls." Papyrus replied with a chuckle and Maia smiled brightly.

"That's cool! (Y\N) mentioned you in her phone calls too, I'm glad she met someone after what happened with her ex friends." Maia remarked and Papyrus nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. "well, i can assure ya that i have benefited from our friendship just as much as she has. she helped me get through a lot of shit by just bein' there." Papyrus admitted and you lifted an eyebrow. He hadn't mentioned anything like this before.

"Well, that's good to know. It seems like you two fit together perfectly, then." Maia remarked and you and him smiled. "of course." Papyrus replied as he took his hand from his pocket, giving you a gentle fist bump. "it's like we stick together like honey." Papyrus remarked and you face-palmed. "Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that was a pun?" Maia asked and you sighed, still covering your face. "Because it is." You replied, your voice was a bit muffled due to your hand covering your mouth.

"Oh!" Maia spoke as she began to chuckle. "heh, why thank ya! but it seems we got a tough crowd over here, ey?" Papyrus remarked as he gestured to you and you slowly removed your hand from your face, slowly holding up a thumbs up. "Hmm, seems so, but every comedian has to have a critic." You replied with a grin, leaning on one hip and crossing your arms.

"hm, i suppose so... but why don't you criticize my pun then, ey?" Papyrus replied, grinning as well. "Hmm, well... I didn't find it that humerus considering you didn't even have honey on you at the time. So, that makes the pun less sweet and more of an inside joke since Maia doesn't know about your honey obsession, honey." You replied and Papyrus shrugged his shoulders, still smiling happily.