Chapter 28: "The Arrival"

You finished getting dressed in today's outfit which consisted of a black camisole with a short sleeve denim button up over it it. You buttoned the shirt to the second to last button and brushed it off. With that, you wore a pair of black jeans and a pair of older sneakers.

You walked to a small jewelry box on your dresser and opened it, pulling out a small silver and crystal pendant necklace. The charm attached to it was of a small dragon wearing a bow tie. Maia had given it to you when you and her had graduated high school. You smiled every time you saw it and wore it for months straight after she had given it to you.

You carefully fastened the necklace around your neck and ran back to the bathroom, quickly drying your hair with your four year old (s\f\c) hairdryer. Once it was nice and dry, you quickly tidied up the bathroom with cleaner so it wouldn't be disgusting for Maia and wiped it down afterward.

You then ran to get her some sheets, but you were suddenly stopped when you heard you phone start to ring. You pulled your cellphone from your pocket and looked at the caller ID, it was Maia.

You instantly stopped what you were doing and answered the phone with a smile. "Hello, Jello. What's up?" you spoke and you heard Maia snicker.

"Hey, I'm waiting outside, will you come down and open the door?" Maia asked and you grinned. "Of course, I'll be down in a jiffy!" You exclaimed and she giggled. "Okay, see you in a sec, bye!" She replied before hanging up. You grabbed your keys and headed out the door before quickly running down the stairs all the way to the first floor.

You rushed to the door and opened it excitedly. On the other side stood Maia holding two blue suitcases in her hands. But, as soon as she saw you, she dropped the bags and pulled you into a big hug. "I missed you so much!" She exclaimed and you hugged her back happily. "I missed you too! Oh my God, we have so much to catch up on!" You replied as you pulled away from the hug. "Oh, you have no idea!" Maia giggled as she grabbed her suitcases again.

"Here, I'll carry one up the stairs. Trust me, it's gonna be hard lugging those damn things up so many flights of stairs." You replied as you took one suitcase from her. "Alright, I won't protest." Maia responded as you and her started going up the stairs.

By the time you and her had made it to the top, your arms were exhausted. "The hell was in that bag?" You asked her with a humored laugh. "An anvil." Maia spoke flatly. "Pssh, Maia. The truth, please." You snickered. "Alright, alright... It's literally just my clothes and my laptop." Maia spoke before laughing and you shook your head as you unlocked your door.

You walked inside, lugging her suitcase behind you and you stopped with a grateful sigh. "Welcome back to my apartment, did ya miss it?" You asked her with a goofy smile. "What, this ole small dusty rundown of a home? Of course!" She joked and you shook your head. "My landlord did some renovations not long after you left, so this old place looks a lot better." You explained and she nodded. "Yeah, he definitely changed this place for the better." Maia remarked.

"Anyway-" You started before she cut you off, "Is that your wallet in the couch?" Maia asked as she dropped her bag, shut the door and fast walked to the couch.