Chapter 60: "Introspection"

Opening your (e/c) eyes, you sigh and yawn as you quickly turn off your alarm.

It's 4:50 A.M., and, thus, it is time to get up for today's shift. It's the last day that Maia will be around since she is leaving around Noon tomorrow to get on her flight back to California.

Despite that sad reality-you and your crew have genuinely had so much fun as of late. Yesterday evening, you, Papyrus, and Maia all enjoyed a nice, relaxing evening. The documentary that you all watched was very informative and it was a lovely learning experience-at least, for you and Maia.

Of course, Papyrus would continually chime in when a familiar fact popped up, but you do not blame him. After all, he spent 25 years hearing the same info over and over. It must have driven him insane-perhaps this is why Papyrus is "Papyrus."

Can hearing about your own race's suffering for 25 years straight cause you to excessively make puns-?

Probably. Humor works wonders in dark situations.

Anyway, after the documentary had finished, you got a bigger group text going with those interested in the counter-anti group and began to plan things out. For example, Evony actually had an idea for a nice discrete meeting place. She has a friend named Bennett who has an empty warehouse and he is very much an ally for the monster rights movement. Ergo, nobody was surprised when she asked if we could use it and he ecstatically agreed. In fact, he is even joining in.

First meeting date of the group? Next Monday at 6:00 P.M.-snacks and refreshments included.

It will be quite the large group of people. After all, you have all of your monster friends, and also some humans as well. So, perhaps it is best that it is being held in such a large building.

Papyrus suggested that you and him make some cookies together for the occasion, and, hey, you can't really deny such an adorable suggestion.

Though, you have a feeling that he'll do less baking and more hugging you from behind, his skull buried in the crook of your neck as you work.

... Not that you would complain if it did happen. It'd be cute as hell... Especially if you ended up with flour on your chest from his hands resting on...

Alright, that's enough thoughts for now. It's almost time for work-thus there is no reason to get worked up now.

You yawned once again, stretched, then stepped out of your-sadly lonely-bed. You know that you can't sleep in the same bed as Papyrus every night, but he makes the sleeping experience so much better.

For being pure magic and bone, he sure does make the bed warm and cozy. You're not sure how he does it, but you're thankful that he does. Despite that thankfulness, though, he can't always be there, so you can't help but feel a bit disappointed that you aren't waking up to your warm boyfriend spooning you every morning.

Oh well, it's not time to mope. Rather, it's time to get going. The day is only just beginning and you have to work from 6:00 A.M. until 3:30 PM. After that, Maia will be picking you up from Muffet's and you'll be having a girl's day.

On the schedule for your lil get together? Going to the bookstore, visiting your favorite clothing store, swinging on the swings in Ebott City Park, going out go eat dinner, and going to grab ice cream in town.

Quite the busy day, but it'll be worth it in the end. Well, of course, only if you are cautious with your money. After all, money doesn't grow on trees. Life isn't Animal Crossing.

You strut over to your closet, pick out a medium-almost olive-green sweater, a pair of black leggings, a gold necklace with a heart on it, and a pair of very comfortable black combat boots.