Chapter 17: "Chocolatey Confections"

Your eyes quickly flicked open and you jerked awake, what time was it? You looked towards the window and the light from the unclosed blinds momentarily blinded you and you looked away. You clumsily picked up your phone to see you had twelve unread texts. Eight from Sans, three from Papyrus and one from Maia.

Maia's read the following, "Hey, drama llama! You better have some brownies for me! Otherwise I'm dragging you with me to the bakery to get some."

You chuckled and responded with a quick, "Ya got it, broski." before you looked through the rest of your texts. You began to look at the long list of texts from Sans and chuckled.

This is what they all read.

"HEY (Y\N), YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET ME A GIFT, BY THE WAY!"

"WELL, UNLESS YOU WANT TO... IN THAT CASE, GO AHEAD!"

"BUT HONESTLY, YOUR PRESENCE IS ENOUGH OF A GIFT FOR ME!"

"OH, AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO MEET ALL OF MY OTHER FRIENDS!"

"THIS IS SO EXCITING! I'M SURE CHARA WILL LOVE YOU! I MEAN, THEY'RE A FELLOW HUMAN TOO!"

"(Y\N)? ARE YOU OKAY?"

"OH! YOU MUST BE SLEEPING!!!"

"I'M SO SORRY IF I WOKE YOU UP! SLEEP WELL!"

You smiled at how apologetic he was and texted him back a rather simple response, "I was asleep, but there's no reason to apologize. It's all good, Sans."

You went back to your texts and clicked on Papyrus' name. You quickly scanned through his texts and couldn't help but laugh when you saw the first one. Here is what they all said.

"hey kid, they have a new flavor of honey at muffet's now. i tried it today and damn, it's really good. it's honey blended with cinnamon and honestly, it's so much better than that sriracha flavored honey alphys pranked me with that one time."

"oh, thanks for acceptin' my bro's invitation to his party. he's really happy that you'll be there, so thanks for brightening his day."

"(y/n), it's 12:30 now, ya okay? ya haven't replied to my bro's or my texts."

You froze and your eyes glanced at the time, twelve thirty-six.... You slept past twelve in the afternoon?!

You sprang out of bed, nearly dropping your phone in the process and ran into the bathroom to take a quick shower. You quickly wrote Papyrus a response that read "Yeah, I accidentally slept in later than intended, sorry." before you set your phone on the counter and prepared to take a shower.

---------------------------------------------

You quickly got into your outfit of the day which consisted of a (f/c) t-shirt, a gray zip up hoodie and denim shorts before you ran into the kitchen. You quickly made yourself a cup of green tea rather than coffee and began to drink it. You looked around your kitchen, only to discover you needed to go to the grocery store again. You groaned and walked to your counter, grabbing the second to last snickerdoodle cookie and began to eat it for breakfast since you had nothing else.

You grabbed piece of paper and quickly wrote down what you needed from the store. That included toothpaste, dental floss, bread, coffee packets, eggs, some pasta noodles, cheese, milk and a box of frozen waffles. You thought for a few more moments, trying to figure out if you needed anything else but you couldn't think of anything so you folded up the list and slid it into your pocket.

You took a sip of your tea and set the mug down before you took another bite of the cookie when your phone buzzed in your pocket. You pulled it out and looked at the screen, you had a text from Papyrus again. "heh, you're startin' to sound like me, kiddo." it said.