Chapter 14: "Deux"

After walking the distance it took to get to work, you had finally arrived at Harvey's. The familiar shrubbery had recently been trimmed and the items on the chalkboard menu had changed. Some of the specials were Creamy Risotto, Salmon burgers and French Onion Soup.

The drink specials included Lime Margaritas, Martinis and Pina Coladas. Harvey's was very well known for making the best mixed drinks in town. They had been voted for the best place to grab an alcoholic beverage at least seven times by now. You had never tried any of the drinks at Harvey's before, though you didn't really want to anyway. You only drank on occasion and you hadn't tried many mixed drinks before.

You walked up to the door at Harvey's and froze when you saw a paper stuck to the door. Realizing that wasn't here when you last came into work, you quickly read it out loud. "Attention, " it started.

"Monsters are no longer allowed in this restaurant, if a person of monster race enters, we have the right to refuse them service." It continued.

"If the person of monster origin refuses to leave, we will either be forced to kick them out ourselves, or call the authorities about the impending threat. Have a good day." It finished off which left your mouth agape.

How could a business accept customers of one race one day, and then completely ban them from the premises a couple days later? That was just wrong in so many ways, you were extremely happy that today was your last day working at this hated filled place. You couldn't imagine working at a place that believed that monsters were lesser people, or not even people at all.

You opened the door and walked to the back of the restaurant, you clocked in and put all of your belongings in your locker. You tied your apron around your waist and sighed as you leaned against the lockers. To be honest, you'd somewhat miss this place. You'd been working here for what seemed like ages but, you knew the change of work would be for the better.

A better pay and what seemed to be like a better work environment is what kept you motivated to quit tonight. You wouldn't have to deal with rich and snobby customers anymore. That was a good thing, that's for sure.

"(Y\N)! Get your butt off the lockers and go wait the tables!" Scotty hissed which caused you to be torn from your thoughts.

"Right, I just have a lot on my mind. Sorry, Scotty." You quickly apologized as you stood straight and walked to the front.

You walked to the front where you a young couple was waiting, "I'm very sorry that you had to wait, what is your reservation under?" you asked them as you looked at the reservation book.

"It's under the reservation of Gaillard." The young woman replied.

"Why didn't you put it under Pratt?" The male asked her shortly.

"Because you didn't call, I called and I chose to use my surname. If you have a problem with that, Daniel, then I'd suggest you call next time." She grumbled in response.

He seemed like he was going to respond when he grumbled and turned away, the female was grinning triumphantly in response to his retreat. You cleared your throat and grabbed two menus. "I'll take you to your table, follow me please." You told them as you began to walk to one of the tables.

They followed slowly and you took them to one of the more romantic parts of the restaurant, hoping they'd be able to get over whatever fight they were getting themselves into. You set their menus on the table and stepped back. "Your waiter will be here in a moment." You told the couple with a gentle smile.

"Alright, thank you Misses." The male said as he nodded respectively and sat in his chair.

You walked back to the front of the store and stopped dead in your tracks when you saw none other than the guy from Muffet's the other day waiting to be seated at the front. Standing in front of him was a young boy, around seven or so wearing a nice white dress shirt with a yellow tie tied around his neck. He smiled as he looked up at Noah as he talked to him, his hands tucked into his pockets.