Chapter 15: "Dismissed"

After many hours of hard work, you had finally reached the end or your final shift at Harvey's Fine Dining. All you had to do now was run by Mr. Harvey's office and tell him you were quitting. Well, that and grab all of your belongings out of your locker.

The customers you had today were all terrible, especially Mr. Smith and his bratty son. Mr. Smith didn't stop his flattery or his flirting until you told him flatly to cut it out. But, after that he and his son ceased all impertinent flirts and treated you respectfully. That was quite the surprise, at least he and his son backed off. And they had even given you a pretty nice tip in the end as well.

Other customers today had been much worse, cussing you out over the littlest of things or not even giving you a tip. You weren't just there to serve people for free, you're not some slave or indentured servant, you are a person just trying to make a living. Some people forget that you're a regular person like them, how would they feel if you did the same to them at their job?

You were really hoping Muffet's would be a turnaround for you. Perhaps you'd have much better customers there, customers who were kind and caring... Not some snobby rich person who only cares about themselves and their money. More people like Papyrus and Sans, Undyne and Alphys... Maybe even like your dear friend, Maia.

You walked to your locker and got all of your items out of it and looked at your phone's lock screen. You actually had a missed call and an unread text from Maia. She had called you two hours ago and had texted you right after. You quickly read the text, it said the following: "Hey, (Y\N)! I have some really exciting news. Call me back when you can, thanks!"

You tapped a finger on you chin in thought for a moment, what could the 'really exciting news' be? Many thoughts swirled around in your brain, but most of the theories were extremely improbable. Maybe she had met someone she had really liked and got engaged or maybe she is going to be working on some big company's animated movie. That'd be amazing, but you didn't think she'd call you over the latter. The former seemed much too sudden to be true and she never mentioned dating anyone, so it was safe to assume that wasn't it.

You slid your phone into your pocket and planned to call her when you get home. After all, she lives far away in another time zone and when you get home it won't be too late to call her. This was exciting, you hadn't talked to Maia in ages and you couldn't wait to hear her voice again.

You had known Maia since your sophomore year of highschool, you two weren't friends at first, in fact you used to envy her artistic skill. But, you two quickly became friends when she became your partner in an art elective course in your junior year of highschool. She taught you some tips she knew about art and she helped your artwork improve greatly. You wouldn't be where you were today if it wasn't for that devious Maia. She is definitely a much better friend than Grace and Audrey ever were. So, you definitely appreciate her a lot.

You shook the thoughts out of your head and looked over to see Scotty bounding towards you. You rolled your eyes remembering the confrontation you two had earlier in the day. He walked up to you, his gray eyes staring deep into your own eyes. He ran his hand through his short black hair and looked at you blankly. "My dad would like to see you in his office." He spoke without any identifiable emotion.

You nodded and turned to walk to Mr. Harvey's office. You took short and confident strides, it seemed quite odd that he'd call you to his office just when you were about to quit. What could he possibly need? He had only called you to his office around three times during your employment there. The first time was because you were wearing something against the work dress code, the second was because you yelled at Scotty and the third was for a very small promotion.