Chapter 31: "Turning Over A New Leaf"

Your eyes quickly opened to the sound of the alarm clock on your phone going off. You let out a loud sigh as you sat up, pressing the 'off' button on your phone. "But I was sleeping so good..." You groaned as you lazily rolled out of bed, falling onto the floor below. "I'm okay-" You spoke sleepily as you pulled yourself off of the ground.

You yawned as you unplugged your phone from its charger, checking to see if you had any new messages. And as soon as you clicked to open your phone, you saw you have a brand new message to read. It's from Mr. Smith.

"Oh... He wrote back..." You mumbled to yourself as you slid open the text message.

And as your texts opened, you began to read it out loud quietly.

"Ah, yes, hello! I am doing very well, though my son is having trouble with the knowledge that I got shot. Luckily though, I was still wearing my bullet proof vest, so I only had minimal bruising. But, we're both getting through the shock and I'm sure we'll be just fine. As for you wanting to come in tomorrow, I think that's entirely possible. I should be stuck in the office tomorrow anyway and having some company would be nice, even if the company is the victim of a terrible crime. I should be available to take your case at any time tomorrow, as long as it's not past 6:00 PM. I am very sorry for what happened to you, Miss (Y\N), and I hope be can catch the man who made you live in peril and fear. Now, have a nice night!"

You hummed to yourself and quickly responded to him with a simple "Thank you, Mr. Smith! I'll be at the station around 3:30 then. Have a nice day!" before setting your phone back on your nightstand. You quickly checked the time once more and ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. And once you were done taking your shower, you wrapped yourself up in a towel and walked into your room, going towards your closet and picking out a nice "coffee shop employee"-esque outfit. Since it was colder outside, you put on a long sleeve light blue button up shirt and a pair of darker washed jeans, black socks and your favorite pair of shoes.

Muffet had mentioned a while back that she didn't have a uniform or anything, so you were pretty much good to wear anything, as long as it wasn't inappropriate, or shall you say, 'too revealing' or 'risqué'. So, that's pretty cool! In fact, that means that you don't have to have some stupid uniform drycleaned every week. And well, that definitely takes a whole lot of stress out of your life for sure.

After you finished getting dressed, you dried your hair and brushed it to be presentable. And once you were done with that, you gathered everything you needed for the day, put it in your bag and walked out of your room to the kitchen quietly. You definitely didn't want to wake up the sleeping Maia. After all, you're sure that she's exhausted from her trip and needs all the rest she can get.

You opened the fridge and looked around it, but you didn't see anything that interested you, so you closed the fridge and turned around to the counter only to be greeted by the muffins that you had bought yesterday. Your mouth started to water almost instantly and you opened the packaging quietly, pulling one of the (f\f) muffins from the packaging. Next, you poured yourself a glass of water and began eating your breakfast quickly.

You savored every bite of the delicious muffin until it was gone. And once it was gone, you threw away the trash and set your cup of water on the counter for later. But, as much as you enjoy loitering in your kitchen, you have to get going. So, you made sure you had everything you needed and quietly tiptoed to the door, opening it and closing it behind you carefully.