Chapter 56: "Tension"

After two more hours of waiting as a group, the protest had finally been dispersed and it was safe enough to head home. So, Muffet was going to drive Grillby home, Toriel was going to pick up Asgore, and Papyrus was going to 'take a shortcut' back to your place to make sure you made it home safely.

Well, that and you had organized a small meeting at your apartment that Papyrus was staying for. Also invited was Maia, Sans, and Evony. But, Evony said she couldn't make it tonight because she was behind on her blog and had some sponsorship deals she needed to work on.

It was understandable, so you told her you'd catch her up later. But, for now it's important the two who don't already know what's going on do find out.

Especially since Maia's departing flight is scheduled in just a few days. She'd probably kill you if she didn't find out about this until she was leaving. And, you don't blame her.

Anyway, so once all the details were settled and Muffet, Grillby, and Asgore had left safely, you headed out the door and locked it.

"ready ta go?" Papyrus asked and you nodded.

"Yeah. I could really go for a (f/d)." You commented.

"don't blame ya. welp, letsa go. and, howszabout you try and keep your eyes open this time?"

"What? I don't think I can do that. I've kept them open for a second before, but I got nervous." You gritted your teeth.

"oh, c'mon scaredy-cat." He chuckled raspily as he held out his hand.

"trust me, it ain't scary."

You scanned his gaze, clicking your tongue. "Can I trust you?"

"of course, honey. now, eyes open." He spoke, then held up one phalange.

"actually, hold on a sec. i know how to see if ya do what I ask." He grinned, then stood in front of you and offered both of his skeletal hands to you, staring you down.

You took a sharp breath in, then held his hands tightly. "Okay, okay. I'm ready when you are, Papy."

"But," You started as he lifted a 'bone'brow.

"if this scars me for life, I'm so getting you back." You huffed.

"cripes (y/n), you'll be fine." He chuckled, then winked.

"kay, keep those pretty eyes open. and, if you must, i suppose you can just look at me."

"No. I can do this. As long as nothing freaky happens."

"good. shall we?"

"Yes. Let's do it!" You held your breath, and restrained yourself from closing your eyes as suddenly, the world started fading from your vision. Everything turned black as you entered a free fall and your eyes widened.

Papyrus looked as chill as a cucumber, the fabric of his tank ruffling with the current created from the fall.

But, nothing unusual was around. It was just utter, and endless darkness.

And, time itself seemed to slow down as you fell through the air, gripping onto Papyrus tighter and tighter. Your body even refused to let you blink as the blackness grew. You were determined to not let Papyrus down.

At least, until your feet finally met the ground. It felt like it had been several minutes of free fall, but in reality it was mere seconds extended by your fears and anxieties.

You steadied yourself, then took another deep breath. "Oh wow, that was something."

"but, nothin' to be afraid of." He grinned, then gently elbowed you. "not quite like the time vortex in doctor who, ey?"