Chapter 23: "Birthday Shenanigans'

It was now fifteen minutes until Papyrus had expected Toriel to come pick you up and you were wrapping his newly made shirt in nice blue wrapping paper. You carefully put white ribbons onto the wrapping paper and made a bunch of squiggly ribbons with the blade of a pair of scissors on top as a bow. You then quickly slid an envelope under one of the ribbons and taped it there to stay.

You had written the card contained inside the envelope after you had eaten your lunch. You wrote him a very nice letter. You had told him how much you appreciated his kindness and how his smile was contagious. Among other things, you also told him how much you loved hanging out with him and Papyrus. You hoped that you could visit them more often once your life got back to normal and you felt bad for ignoring both of the brothers' texts.

In fact, when you finally remembered to take your phone off do not disturb mode, you were shocked to see at least forty-two texts. All of them from Papyrus, Sans, Evony, Maia and Muffet.

Muffet had written you saying that due to the events that had transpired, you didn't have to go into work until Monday. Which you appreciated a lot because Maia was actually coming tomorrow and would be arriving around 1:30 PM. You were super excited to see your friend tomorrow and you couldn't help but smile when you remembered she was coming. Maybe she would make these visits a regular thing if this one turned out well.

But pushing Maia aside, seeing Papyrus' texts reawakened the guilt you had for ignoring him. He was genuinely worried about your safety and you figured you'd apologize to him again at the party. Of course, away from Sans and all the other party goers. They didn't need to know about the Austin incident and you certainly didn't want that to ruin Sans' birthday.

Once you were done prettying up Sans' present, you set it on your couch and ran to get changed. You went to your closet immediately and looked around, you slid through the hangers until you found your favorite dress. It was a white strapless dress that had black silhouetted leaves printed all on it. You weren't a huge fan of dresses, but thought you'd look cute. So, you quickly threw on the dress, tightened the black belt on it around your waist and grabbed the first pair of shoes you saw, a pair of low-top white sneakers.

Realizing you may get cold since the weather was staring to turn, you went back to your closet and pulled out an army green button up shirt and put it on over the straps of your dress. You fixed the collar and then put on a pair of ankle socks and put your shoes on, tying the laces neatly.

After you were done that, you brushed your hair and right as you finished, you heard a car honk outside. You rushed to the window in your room, opened the blinds and at the curb sat a dark blue minivan. You could see Queen Toriel inside and you didn't want to keep her waiting, so you ran and grabbed your things, threw them into your bag and grabbed Sans' present off the couch. As soon as you went through a checklist in your mind, you were positive you had gotten everything you needed to. So, you opened the door, shut it behind you and ran down the stairs.

Once you made it out the door, you saw Toriel wave with a smile on her face. The passenger side wide window rolled down to reveal young Chara was with her. Chara's face lit up, "It's the chocolate store lady!" they exclaimed and you chuckled. You walked around the car and got in the front passenger seat. You looked over at Toriel whose eyes met yours instantly. "I had no idea you were the same lady from the chocolate shop, but it's always nice to return the favor." She told you kindly and you smiled and nodded. "Of course, ma'am. I agree with you on that." You replied and she pulled off the curb and started to drive to the skeleton brothers' house.