Chapter 19: "Old Spice Makes Everything Nice"

Mr. Smith opened your car door and you got out, grabbing your bag and looking up at the taller man. He took your hand and you closed the car door before he began to lead you to the small store's entrance. He looked at you for a second while you walked and a smile formed on his lips. "You'll definitely be the prettiest produce in this store." He remarked and you looked at him with a surprised expression which caused him to chuckle.

You suppressed a gag, "Mr. Smith, I don't think I could fit on the shelves." You laughed nervously. He was about to speak when you quickly pulled him forward into the store. "Please behave." You pleaded. He chuckled, "I'm not well known for behaving, but I'll try." he replied with a wink. You let out an angry grunt and you speedily grabbed a shopping basket before quickly storming away.

You heard his dress shoes following you, but he wasn't making too big of an effort to catch up. You grabbed a box of toothpaste and a package of dental floss before walking and seeing your favorite shampoo was on sale. It was a bottle of Dove and it was scented like pomegranate with a hint of lemon. Mr. Smith finally caught up and his gray gaze looked around at all the Shampoos. He let out a 'hmm' and picked up a bottle of Old Spice. He flipped open the cap and sniffed it before closing it. "Swagger is so much better than Desperado." He remarked.

You paused and looked at him blankly, processing what he had just said. "You use Old Spice, don't you?" You asked him and he smirked. "Of course, why do you ask?" He asked you and you shrugged. "It just doesn't surprise me at all. I can totally see you as being an Old Spice fan." You replied before you grabbed a bottle of your shampoo off the shelf, placing it in your basket.

He put the Old Spice bottle back up, "Oh really? Care to explain why?" he spoke, his voice loosing that silky smooth tone you had come to recognize. You looked to see him leaning against a pole in the middle of the aisle. His arms were crossed and his gray gaze was rested on you and you couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

"I guess it's because Old Spice is a stereotypical womanizer's favorite shampoo? I mean, most attractive men probably use old spice." You responded before you realized you'd accidentally just called him attractive.

"(Y/N), did you just call me attractive?" Mr. Smith asked in surprise.

"Uhhh, I guess I did?" You responded nervously before quickly turning and walking to the next aisle you needed to go to, the hot beverage isle. You heard him following after you yet again, only quicker this time.

You swore under your breath and quickly grabbed a box of coffee, throwing it into your basket before continuing to the next aisle. Mr. Smith was catching up quickly, the pitter patter of his dress shoes were getting closer and closer with every step. You took a deep breath and turned around to face him. "Mr. Smith, please." You sighed as you shook your head. He looked at you innocently and just held up his hands. "I was only following you, (Y/N)." He replied.

You shook your head, "I don't like you romantically, Mr. Smith. You're a pretty cool guy, but kinda old for me and I'm not interested in dating at the moment. I thank you for saving me and for driving me here, but please understand that I'm not interested in you." You explained to him.

He nodded, "I understand, misses." the tall man replied as he put his hands in his pockets. You blinked in surprise, surely that wouldn't be it, right? You doubted it, but maybe he'd stop flirting with you for a bit.

You turned and continued walking. You went down the pasta aisle, picking up two packets of (f\f) ramen and a box of spaghetti noodles. You placed them in the shopping basket and made your way to the freezer section. In order to do this, you walked out of the front of the pasta aisle and started walking towards the left end of the store.