Parallel Universe

↳ Outfit

Outfit

(Y/N) POV

Davenport cheeringly walked into the lab with the rest of us boringly following after him "Inventing the wheel? Boring. Discovering electricity? Snooze. Sliced bread? Lame. But now, Davenport Industries introduces the world's first..."  Davenport unveils the invention "Proton Fuser!"

Chase leaned against me while Leo just frowned "You know, for a scientist, you'd think your payoffs would be a bit more proportionate to your buildups."

"Uh, the payoff is that it allows us to see the origins of the universe. This thing fuses sub-atomic particles, so we can understand how planets form." Davenport explains.

Bree sighs and looks over "Well, we already understand how boredom forms."

Davenport walks closer to us disappointed in the fact we weren't excited to see what he invented "Haven't you ever wondered where stuff comes from? Galaxies? Stars? Planets?"

Adam shakes his head "This stuff, no. Onion rings, yes."

Davenport looks from us to the invention "Guys, I have always wanted to build this thing, and now it's a reality. It's an important life lesson: If you have a dream, believe in it, 'cause it can happen."

Chase stops leaning against me and walks over to Davenport "Um, Mr. Davenport, isn't it dangerous to tinker with the fabric of the universe?"

Adam starts laughing "He said tinker."

Davenport looks over at Adam and shakes his head before addressing Chase "Yes, technically it could destabilize the earth, or open a wormhole into a parallel universe. But, I made it and I wanna play with it, so..." Davenport walks over and turns it on "Prepare to be amazed!"

"Or gravely injured," Chase adds causing Adam to pull us behind him. He may not be the brightest but he is very protective.

The proton fuser builds up energy, but then fizzles out "Once again, big buildup, teeny, tiny payoff." I giggle out before high-fiving Leo.

Tasha walks in and quickly heads over to us "Okay, the popcorn is popping and the movie is uploaded. Or downloaded. Whatever, the red thingy is blinking green. Just head upstairs, it's movie time!"

"I do love a matinee," Leo says as the rest of us head out of the room as Leo has to stay behind and be told to finish his chores.

LEO (POV)

I was stuck in the kitchen trying to finish up in the living room while everyone was busing watching the movie on the couch. I started to creep closer trying to sneak glances at the TV. "Leo!" I jump from hearing my mom yelling at me causing the plate in my hand to fall on the ground and break. My mom hops off the couch and starts walking closer to me "I said no movie. First, you won't do the dishes, then you break them?" she points out.