Left Behind

CHASE (POV)

Five weeks that's how far along my wife is with her pregnancy, we found out a few days after finding out she was pregnant. No one else but Davenport and Tasha knows about Y/n being pregnant mostly because we're not ready for others to know.

It's still a big shock to both of us that she's actually pregnant after wanting a baby for so long. At the moment I was walking around the academy looking for Y/n. Stoping in the mentor room a smile spread to my face noticing my wife snuggled up on the couch with a hand on her stomach as she sleeps.

Walking closer to the couch and sat down on the ground while resting my head on my folded arms that lay at the edge of the couch. Reaching out one of my hands I read it on her stomach as it rises and falls with each breath she takes.

Her skin is warm against my hand as I rub my thumb back and forth only stopping when she rests her hand on top of mine. Looking over at her she is still lost in her dreams, I look back at her stomach and even though she's not showing yet I can't help but smile at the thought of someday very soon she will be showing.

Getting back onto my feet I grab a blanket and drape it over her before reaching down and kissing her on top of the head, not wanting to wake her up for training deciding I'll just train both our groups today.

I go to walk away but a hand grabs mine turning back over I notice Y/n starting to stir awake

I go to walk away but a hand grabs mine turning back over I notice Y/n starting to stir awake. Finally opening her eyes she looks around for a bit before landing on me then she smiles with a yawn "Hey honey"

I smile and sit on the couch as she starts to sit up and then cuddles up into me "Hey love, I was just about to head out to training"

All she does is nod her head then softly speaks "Okay, I'll get dressed soon"

I shake my head and once again kiss her on the head "No, that's okay you get some rest I'll take care of everything today"

Normally she would fight me on this but instead, Y/n gives in "Alight but don't stress yourself out if taking on my group adds too much pressure"

Leaning down I kiss her on the lips softy while soaking in the small moment we are getting before pulling away "I won't, now go back to sleep"

Nodding her head she moves on the couch as I start to get up and walk out the room but stop for a moment after hearing her call out "I love you!"

"I love you too!" I shout back

✨