Ultimate Tailgate Challenge

CHASE (POV)

The sun beaming into the room shining its light in my eyes ended up with me slowly opening my eyes and blinking away the sleep. Wondering what the time is I look up at the alarm clock seeing it strike 7:56 a.m.

I groan a bit going to get up out of the bed only to feel an arm tighten around my waist hearing the soft groan of my wife who moves her head and then stills once again slipping back into dreamland.

I smile down at her brushing my fingers along her arm watching as a small spark comes off her with every brush of my fingers. Moving my hand up I work my way up to her hair brushing some behind her ear and admiring every bit of her face I can see.

She always has this way of seeing me for me no matter whatever else I'm trying to be. I still wonder why she decided to settle with me. Love me. Have a daughter and even wants another child with me.

We have been trying lately for another baby but so far the test has been negative every time. Every time it comes back negative it does disappoint us a bit but we still have our daughter so we focus on her and hope one day the test will be positive.

And Amora is seven months old now, she loves to crawl and even escapes her mother's arms just to crawl over to me. Lately, when it comes to me or Y/n going over to get Amora out of her crib we find her standing up on her own.

She's not walking yet but I can tell she's close to taking her first steps. Looking over at Amora's crib I notice my daughter wide awake standing up in her crib eying me down as she babbles away.

Sighing to myself I kiss my wife's head before carefully getting out of bed and walking over to my daughter. Picking Amora up in my arms I kiss her little cheek then pull away resting her onto my hips "Look like its an early morning for both of us"

Looking straight at me Amora nods her head then turns over and points to her mom while trying to babble "Ma"

"Mommy sleeping and we don't wake her up or she'll kill daddy" I comment starting to walk over to my closet pulling out some clothes since it's an off day and then heading over to Amora's dresser and pulling out some clothes.

In my arms Amora rests her head on my shoulder moving her head every time I move so she can still keep her mother in her sights "Ma-mu"

After finishing pulling out clothes I sigh and wait until my daughter finally makes eye contact with me "And mommy says I'm the favorite" Amora then leans over and kisses my cheek sloppy since she doesn't know how to kiss yet (and I hope she never does, no one but me and my wife deserves her kisses) then laughs to herself as she messes with my hair. I smile at my daughter and then kiss her cheek a couple of times before leaving my last kiss on her forehead "I love you too"

 I smile at my daughter and then kiss her cheek a couple of times before leaving my last kiss on her forehead "I love you too"

✨