1.

Y/N🦋(2016)
"How's this length?" My hairstylist asked.

"That's perfect." I told her.

She nodded and began cutting my hair. I've never cut my hair before so I decided on trying something new.

My mind wandered off, thinking about today and tomorrow. Today itself is a big day for me. I had my release party in a few hours and tomorrow morning my products from Y/N Beauty would be out in stores and on websites like Sephora.

My stylist Caleb walked in with many outfits with him. "I'm sorry I'm late."

He began taking out outfits and showing them. None of them caught my eye until he pulled out a tight fitted maxi leopard print dress.

"That one." I told him.

He nodded before spacing out. After a moment he snapped his fingers as if he got an idea. He started pairing the dress with some acessories and shoes before coming to a final look. The look consisted of the dress paired with some YSL heels and a chanel bag.

"I'm a genius." He spoke up looking at the outfit.

I smiled at him as my hairstylist let me know she was finished. My hair was in a middle part.

 My hair was in a middle part

"I like it. I should get short hair more often." I said to myself.

I stood up from the chair to stretch as my doorbell rang. Caleb went to open the door as I heard the voice of my mom.

"Hey mom." I said walking up to her to give her a hug.

My sister Melody and my makeup artist were also here.

"You cut your hair." My makeup artist said.

"You like it?"

She nodded. "It's pretty." She said before walking away to set her things up.

"Mo mọ pe o ko jẹ nitorinaa Mo mu ounjẹ wa fun ọ." I know you haven't eaten so I brought you some food. My mom said in Yoruba.

I smiled at her accepting the food. I sat at the kitchen island as Melody sat beside me.

"Why aren't you guys getting ready? The party is in a like 2 hours." I asked them.

"A fẹ lati rii ọ ati rii daju pe o dara." We wanted to see you and make sure you were ok. Melody said.

"I'm good just nervous." I told them honestly.