27.

Short chapter. I didn't really like it because I'm an overthinker.

Y/N🦋
"Are you sure you aren't pregnant Y/N?" My mom asked for the third time.

"Mom I'm on birth control. Trust me if I was pregnant, I would know." I told her.

She sighed. "Then who's pregnant?"

"I think I know why you've been dreaming about fish." Melody stated returning to the living room.

"Why?" My mom questioned.

"One of our cousins is pregnant. That should explain your dream." Melody said.

"Told you it wasn't me." I laughed.

Melody and my mom were over along with Makena. Melody said it's because she wanted to hang out but I don't think it is. Tomorrow is Daniel and Taylor's baby shower which makes me believe she's here to talk. My mom was over because she was doing my hair. "Has Daniel tried talking to you yet?" My mom asked.

I shook my head. "He hasn't responded to my text I sent him so I stopped trying."

"I'm not talking about you trying, I'm talking about him trying. Has he tried reaching out to you?" She asked making me stop.

For weeks, it's always been have I tried talking to him instead of the other way around. "He hasn't." I answered cautiously.

The only sound heard was the sound of Makena giggling with Melody. I was on my phone minding my business when my mom started talking.

"I don't like that my children aren't speaking. Daniel needs to admit he was wrong for what he said."

I chose not to respond because I was honestly over this whole thing. "Are you going to the baby shower tomorrow Y/N?"

"Yes." I state keeping it simple.

While they talked about whatever, I continued texting Chris. He was in Atlanta filming.

When my mom finished doing my hair, we stayed in the living room watching some TV. I decided to make a funny tweet because I was bored.

 I decided to make a funny tweet because I was bored

"Y/N how is Chris doing?" I heard my mom ask.

I looked up from my phone. "He's doing good. He's in Atlanta right now."

"Y/N do you have goals for this new year?" Melody asked.

"Work hard, get money, eat healthier which I might not do, and be happy." I finished jokingly.

"I like that." My mom stated out loud making us laugh.

My doorbell cut us off and I turned to Melody and my mom. "Did you invite anyone?" They shook their heads. I went to the front door and sighed after seeing who it was. I opened the door to see Daniel with his hands in his pockets. "Hey Y/N."

I gave him a head nod. "Can I come in?" He questioned.

I moved to the side letting him in. He walked in and I closed the door behind me. "Can we talk?"

"Sure. We can talk in the dining room." I spoke leading him to my dining room.

He sat across from me and I waited for him to speak. "I want to start off by saying sorry for how I came at you."

"Why did you come at me for? I still don't understand." I told him.

"I saw how his fans were treating you along with his ex and I didn't like it. You were under attack for no reason and I blamed him for it." He told me.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Why would you blame him for the actions of his fans? I don't do that."

"I don't know."

"Daniel even if you felt some type of way, you didn't have the right to come at me the way you did. Your words made it seem as though he was using me and I didn't appreciate it." I explained.

"I understand and I'm really sorry. I also apologize for not trying to reach out sooner."

"I accept your apology. Just know that I'm not breaking things off with Chris and if that makes you unhappy, I don't care." I bluntly stated.

He nodded. "I respect that."

My mom and Melody turned the corner. "So you guys are on good terms now?"

I nodded. "He's apologized and I can forgive him." I smiled.

"That's good to hear. Now Y/N when is Chris free?" My mom asked.

I already knew what she was about to say next. "He's in Atlanta and he'll be there for a while."

I already knew my mom was going to try and invite him for dinner.

She waved me off and soon enough they all left which left me alone. I was fixing up my closet when my phone buzzed.

I picked it up and saw Chris calling me. "Hi babe."

"Hey. How was your day?" He stated with a smile.

His smile was so affectionate that I couldn't help but smiled back. "My day was fine. Didn't do much."

"I like your hair." He commented.

"Thanks my mom did it. Now tell me about your day." I said sitting on my bed.