12.

Y/N🦋
I was back in LA thankfully. I was currently in my office after finishing an interview with Glamour Magazine. It was around 3 pm.

I would have my photoshoot tomorrow since I was helping Melody with baby shopping today. I took off my heels and put on my slides to be more comfortable. I walked into one of the conference rooms eating some chips.

"Y/N what color shades do you want for the pallet?" One of my team members said handing me an Ipad.

I scrolled through it making some points along the way. She sat back down.

"Kayla, how's the Instagram page?"

My personal social media pages were still disabled but the Y/N Beauty pages were still running.

"It's good. The fans liked the highlighter we posted the other day." She explained.

I nodded at her response. My phone started ringing on the table. I picked it up to see Chris calling me.

"Hello." I spoke answering it. I got up and began walking to my personal office.

"Hey, how was your interview?" He asked me smiling.

"Pretty good. She had good questions that didn't feel awkward to answer." I told him sitting down.

"When's your photoshoot?"

"Tomorrow since I'm going baby shopping with my sister." I said with a smile.

"How's your collection coming along?" He asked.

I sighed. "It's coming through but it's a lot of work." I stated running my hand through my hair.

The phone on my desk rang loudly and I answered. "Hello?"

"Hi Y/N. I just wanted to let you know that your sister is in the front waiting for you."

"Alright, I'll be there. Thank you." I said before hanging up. I got up taking my bag. "Does my makeup look good?" I asked Chris looking at the phone.

"You always look good." He said smirking.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the compliment. I'm going out with my sister so I'll call you later."

"Ok have fun." He said and with that, he hung up.

I said goodbye to everyone before meeting Melody in the lobby. We were gonna drive together to the mall. "What exactly are you looking for?" I asked pulling out of my parking spot.

"Clothes and stuff like that. I already have the furniture and stroller." She explained smiling.

Smiled back at her. She looked excited. It's been a long journey and she hasn't given up once. "Do you have any name ideas?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I have a few but I really like the name Makena."

"That's a nice name. It sounds fitting." I told her honestly.

"Do you think I'll be a good mom?" She asked softly.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Melody you're gonna be a great one."

She nodded. "Melody just because you won't be the child's birth mother doesn't mean you aren't a mother. A mother is someone who cares and loves the child like their own, biological or not. As long as you give that baby unconditional love you will be the best mom you could be."

A smile grew on her face. She started explaining how the nursery looked, even showing me a few pictures. We eventually got to the mall and we walked in together. I had some sunglasses on. I followed Melody the whole way since I didn't know where to go. We walked into a store that had everything you would need for a child.

While Melody looked at clothes, I was looking at some shoes. I picked up a pair of pink boots that looked adorable. "Melody look at this." I said approaching her.

She turned around and smiled. "Those are nice but I don't need them."

My smile dropped. "Melody it's cute." I whined.

She shook her head. I shrugged going back and taking the box with the right size.

"I'm buying it anyway and my niece will look great in them." I told her.

She rolled her eyes at me. 30 minutes later we went up to the counter. There were clothes on top of clothes with a few shoe boxes. "Your total is $540."

I pulled out my card and paid. I could feel Melody staring at the side of my face. "What?"

"Over 500 dollars. And you paid?" She said to me.

"Melody this is for my niece. It's nothing, honestly."

She sighed. "Thank you."

I smiled taking some of the bags. She took the rest and we walked out. We went to a few other stores before leaving. I dropped Melody off and helped her put the things away before going home.

I was in the kitchen making some food when the doorbell rang. I wiped off my hands and answered it to see Chris. "Suprise again." He said smiling.

I let him in. "Don't let your fans catch you popping up to my place. You know they crazy."

He laughed. "Are you cooking cause it smells good."

I nodded proudly. "I am actually. I'm making my mom's recipe of jollof rice with beef."

"That sounds good. Can I have some?" He asked which caught me by suprise.

I nodded. "Sure it's almost done."

He leaned against the island cracking jokes while I plated the food.

"That looks good." He said rubbing his hands together.

We sat in the dining room together. I watched as he took a bite. I held my breath nervous. "Do you like it?"

"Your moms recipe is fucking amazing. This is so good." He said.

I sighed in relief. "Don't do that. You had me nervous."

He chuckled slightly. "How was your shopping with your sister."

"Good." I told him. Our conversation was long and he kept making jokes which made me laugh.