3

"Hey doc. Is she okay? Will she wake up?"

I hear a deep male voice that I've never heard before.

Goddess he sounds hot.

"It's too early to tell just yet Alpha, but I believe she'll pull through. Just give her time. She has a lot of wounds she needs to heal and even with the Alpha blood in her, it's going to take her a little while. "

A woman's voice I've also don't recognize is now the one talking.

Wait, did she say Alpha? That didn't sound like my father or Max.

"I swear to the Goddess I'll kill whoever did this to her!"

The deep voice growls out. Then I hear something smash and break, for once I'm thankful I can't seem to open my eyes. Then darkness consumes me once again.

New Day

"Any progress today?"

It's that deep voice again, the one I've been hearing every time I wake from the darkness.

I still can't seem to open my eyes or stay conscious longer than a few moments. But each time I do, I hear his voice. My hearing seems to be the only thing working right now.

Hey, at least something is I suppose.

"I'm sorry but no, not yet Alpha. She's stable and seems to be healing, but I'm afraid it's not just her body that's needing to heal."

The woman and only other voice I've heard recently, the soft and sweet one replies.

"what? I'm sorry but what do you mean not just her body? Will she ever wake up? What if she never wakes up? What if I never even get to hear her voice, or see her eyes o-or know her name?"

The yummy deep voice now sounds worried, panicked and I think a little sad even. But who is he? Why would he be worried or sad over me? A worthless unlovable half-breed, bastard she-wolf.

Wait, yummy? What the actual fuck is wrong with me right now?

"I'm so sorry Alpha, but it seems like she's been through more than just this recent attack. When I looked her over I noticed she has a lot of old wounds as well. I think that this poor girl has been through a lot in her life that we are unaware of. Sadly, I also believe this is one of the reasons why she hasn't woken up yet."

Her voice is full of nervousness as she speaks, suddenly a deep growl vibrates the room and shakes the bed slightly.

"Don't worry or panic just yet, I also have faith she will heal and wake up. That soon enough you will get to speak to her Alpha. You just need to give her a little more time to heal."

She actually does sound a little hopefully this time. I don't know this woman, but I like her and feel like I can trust her already. Something about her voice puts me at ease, but that doesn't mean I will actually trust her.

I notice the clicking of heels walking and getting further away from me until I hear the door open and close. I wish I could tell them I hear them, that I'm trying like hell to open my eyes and wake up. That I have to get up to get to Alexa before Lane gets to her, and does Goddess knows what to her.

That's the entire reason I'm in this fucking situation. That's why he did this to me, he wanted her. He wanted to mate and mark her, claim her as his mate. That's why he had never marked me. He used me, just to get closer to her.

It's not her fault, I mean she's the definition of beauty, with her long natural blonde hair, bright ice blue eyes and fair skin. Not to mention a body many females would kill for, shifters included.

She had rejected him and told me of his advances right away. She knew he was a shifter like me. So she was utterly terrified of him and what he might do to her.

So I had gone to confront him, and well here I am. I told him we were over, and to stay far away from her and me. Then I made the biggest mistake of my life, I turned my back on him. That's when he took his shot and attacked me. Because I was stupid and gave him the opening to attack first he got the better of me.

I knew I could fight back, hell I knew I could've still beaten him. He was my mate though, and I loved him. So I couldn't bring myself to hurt or harm him, like I should have. But I swear if I ever see him again, Goddess he better pray I never see him again. Because I will make him regret the day he fucking met me.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you my love, please wake up soon. I promise you I will find out who did this to you and make them suffer greatly. They will pay for this with their life."

He says in a low but deep growl. His breath is on my neck, his words a sweet whisper in my ear snapping me out of my thoughts. I hear him, but his words don't make sense to me. My love? I don't even know this man.

I don't think I do at least.

But the sadness and determination in his voice tells me he truly means what he's saying. What he doesn't know yet is that I don't want him to make Lane suffer or pay, because that will be my pleasure.

The next thing I know I feel sparks against my forehead, and a warm pair of lips is what's causing them.

Sparks? This isn't Lane. It can't be, it's not his voice.

Besides, he's the one that did this to me in the first place. He also rejected me before he left me for dead, and with the little strength I had left I accepted it.

I wanted to be set free of him completely before I died, so I wouldn't feel mate sparks from him anymore anyway. So who the hell is this man? I still have no sense of smell, so I don't even know what this stranger smells like.

I bet he smells good.

Wishing I could at least smell his scent, darkness takes its hold on me once more.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Novas mother Ava, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.