44

I take a deep breath to help settle my nerves before I tell these girls my story.
I'm worried about their reactions. I'll just have to deal with that when I get there.

How do I even start?

"You all know of the Moon Goddess Selene, the mother of our kind.
One day Selene told all her warriors that she would hold a competition. That she would be picking one of them to be her personal warrior. This was exciting news for one particular warrior, a woman named Celeste. You see for she had trained day in and day out her entire life to be the best for Selene."

I pause for a moment, the painful memories threatening to surface. I quickly push them back down. I notice all the girls watching me, waiting for me to finish. So I continue.

"Celeste devoted herself completely. She spent days on end training without pause. She pushed her body and mind to their limits. Even when at her weakest, she pushed herself harder. She would train alone most days, only being around others when she felt the need to spar. She did everything to prepare herself for the competition."

That stupid fucking competition...

"The day of the competition finally arrived, and Celeste was beyond excited. Selene wasn't forcing any warrior to compete, only the ones who signed up were going to. Of course basically all of them had signed up. Celeste faced many worthy opponents that day. She took every punch, kick, slash, stab, broken bone and power hit they threw her way. By the end of it her body was bloody and broken, but not once did she yield."

I will never yield...

For a second I was there again, the moment I thought I won. It quickly popped up unwelcomed into my mind. My body had never been so bloody and broken. Even the slightest movement sent waves of fire into my nerve endings. How foolish I was in that moment, thinking it was over. I shiver slightly before snapping out of it and continuing my story.

"After beating the very last opponent she thought she was done, she thought she had won. She was grateful to be finished, she didn't think her body could take much more. Her excitement however was short lived. Selenes voice boomed into the crowd congratulating Celeste on making it to the final round. This confused everyone, especially Celeste because she didn't see any opponents left. That's when Selene entered the arena."

At that all the girls gasp, Zara even jumps back in her seat. It's definitely a shocker, trust me I know.

I'm the one that lived it...

"Celeste didn't know what to think. She didn't want to fight Selene, she was fighting to be able to protect her. Celeste told Selene this, but Selene simply laughed. She told Celeste that fighting her was the final test, she could take it or yield."

"What did she do?" Talia asks, I can see the anticipation growing in her eyes.

"She said she would fight of course."

All the girls let out a gasp again. Alexa even brings her hand to try cover her mouth as she does. I can see all of their eyes grow wider.

I never yield...

"Celeste readied herself to fight once more using what little strength she had left. She had no idea how she was going to fight against Selene, but she had to try. Then the Goddess told her she was going to give her a gift first. The next thing Celeste knew she was as good as new. Selene had completely healed her, she felt better than she ever had before. They fought for hours, neither one being able to bring the other to yield. Finally after a day long fight, Selene brought their fight to a stop. She smiled at Celeste and told her she was proud of her for winning the competition, and that she couldn't have asked for a better warrior."

I can feel my eyes start to water as the memory hits me, but I force the tears away. If I had known then what was to come I wouldn't have even competed.

"Celeste had truly finally won, she had became the best of the best. No one could match her power and strength, no one except Selene. When she finally became her personal warrior she was overjoyed. She had finally became what she trained so hard to become. Selene had even bestowed some of her powers on Celeste. She enjoyed working with Selene and being her personal warrior, loved it even. After a few decades she felt that they had even become close friends. Then one day Selene told her she needed to speak with her about something important."

I pause for a moment as I feel a rush of anger at what she did. It was all a fucking trick. A dirty fucking trick. I can tell the girls are on edge waiting for me to finish the story. Zara is even biting at her nails, which makes mentally giggle.

"What did she tell her?" Layla is the one to finally ask.

"The truth. " I pause for just a moment before continuing. "She told her that she had intentionally created Celeste to be her great weapon. This confused Celeste because if it's why she was created, then why did she have to compete for her position? She asked Selene this, her response was that she had to be sure that she was truly capable of being the weapon she was created to be. While slightly upset, Celeste still understood her reasoning. Then Selene told her that there was a purpose for her creating such a weapon. Of course Celeste asked what this purpose was. That's when Selene told her of a great war that would happen on earth. It would between shifters like Celeste and a group of dark creatures. She told Celeste that she was the weapon that would win the war. If Celeste didn't fight, evil would prevail and darkness would rule the earth. She told Celeste that when the time came she would send her to earth. That she wouldn't have any memories of her previous life until the proper time. She told her that her life on earth would be very brutal and difficult, full of pain, trials and hardships. But that she would eventually find love and even peace, and that it would be ultimately rewarding in the end. Celeste was furious, she didn't want to leave Selene to come to earth. She had fought for her spot and felt she deserved to keep it. But before she could even voice this however, Selene said it was time for her to go."

All the girls all looking at me with shock on their faces. All their mouths and eyes are opened wide as they stare at me.

"So she basically told her right before she sent her here?" Talia asks.

"Yep." I nod my head as I answer her.

Layla snorts before she says "Wow, that's some fucked up shit."

You're telling me...

"Yeah." Both Talia and Alexa state at the same time agreeing with her.

Zara scoots up in her seat catching my attention. She locks eyes with me and asks "Wait a minute, Nova how do you know all this?"

Finally someone catches on...

"Because I am Celeste."

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters
Also... I love getting comments ;)