6

"Nova, wake up. It's time Nova, wake up. WAKE UP NOVA!" a sweet angelic female voice.

Wait, is that the same voice from when I-

*BEEP...BEEP...BEEP* 'GASP' Drawing in a deep breath I jolt up quickly, way too quickly actually. Making my head feel light, dizzy and pound. The blinding light makes my eyes burn.

Great, and can someone turn that damn beeping off please! What the hell is that anyway?

"Uhhh..."

I moan out, or at least try to. I sound like a friggin' zombie. My throat feels like the damn Sahara desert. I slowly open my eyes, trying to let them adjust to the light.

I need some water, and sunglasses.

My eyes finally start to focus and I look around the room I'm in. It's a crisp white hospital room, simple yet still elegant. Definitely updated with the newest equipment, the bed is actually comfortable.

Well that's different.

A crystal vase with beautiful red roses in it on the stand next to me catches my eye. I notice the clear water at the bottom of the vase, reminding me that my throat still feels like sandpaper. I need some water like now, surely they have some in here somewhere. I keep looking around the room to the best of my ability.

Who doesn't leave a pitcher or at least a glass of water for a patient? Geez.

  Suddenly the shine of a silver faucet over on the sink in the corner catches my eye.

It's all the way across the room though. Maybe I can just drink the rose water? No, don't be weak.

I can almost hear my fathers voice yelling at me "Don't be weak Nova, Storms' aren't weak!" I drag my feet over to the side of the bed and slowly lower them to the floor, I can do this. Grabbing the railing on the bed I try to lift myself up. Hoping my legs are strong enough I try to stand, I get maybe three inches off the bed before my wobbly body drops back down. This happens twice in a row, fun I know.

okay, round three. Get up you lazy bitch!

  I take a deep breath and summon all the strength I can. I slowly and steadily stand up, only to notice all the wires and IV attached to me.

Of fucking course.

The IV bag is empty, and the machine is beeping. Oh, that's what was beeping. With my attention being elsewhere I didn't hear the heels clicking quickly down the hall towards my room, or even my door opening.

"Oh my Goddess you're up! Luna please lay back down, I will get you whatever you need!"

I jump back, wide eyes and startled. I know that voice though. The woman I've come to know as Millie is frantic and in front of me in no time, sitting me back down on the bed.

Hold the fuck up. Why did she just call me Luna? Shit, Alpha Zane. I thought I dreamed that whole mate thing, how in the hell do I have another mate? No, I was wrong. I had to be, there's no way. Is there?

"What may I get for you Luna?" She askes smiling at me.

Millie is just gorgeous, with her big doe eyes, long dark hair, tan skin and slender body that's curvy in all the right place.

"Waa Waaahh.."

Come on now, you know how to say water!

"Oh! Water, duh."

She rolls her eyes upwards and smacks her palm to her forehead.

Huh. Not the attitude I expected, but I like her.

She rushes over to the sink and grabs a little plastic cup from a cabinet beside it.

"I'm so sorry Luna, I should've known. usually we leave water out for the patients, but without knowing when or if you'd wake up we didn't want to chance it sitting there too long."

She grabs a straw from the same cabinet and puts it in the cup. Right now she could just put the straw in the rose vase water, and I'd be happy. She comes up to the side of the bed and holds the cup up, putting the straw to my mouth. I start slowly sipping it up, but I've never had water taste so good. It's like heaven in my mouth right now. I had sucked it all up in a matter of seconds.

"Well, someone was definitely thirsty." She gives a slight laugh, and still has that genuine smile.

"Very, thank you Millie."

My voice is still a little rough, but at least I can speak. A look of pure shock crosses her face.

"You know my name? I'm sorry, but have we met before or something? I Mean no disrespect Luna, I just don't know how you know me."

Her smile turned into a look of panic, confusion and concern instantly.

"Oh, no. I'm sorry, I don't actually know you. I've heard you speaking though, I recognize your voice. I heard someone say your name before while speaking to you too, and please call me Nova."

I give her a sheepish smile. I don't know why I feel like such a creep right now. I watch her face for a moment. I love reading people's expressions, and seeing their emotions come out in their face. I can tell the moment the light bulb goes off in her head, when her face goes from seriously confused and slightly panicked to understanding and happy even.

"So your name is Nova, I was right. Wait, are you saying you remember everything you heard while you were unconscious?"

Ha, there's that panicked look again.

"Nah, not everything."

I wink at her. Just trying to mess with her, but when her eyes go wider than I thought possible I started feeling a little bad.

"Wow, take a chill pill doc. I'm joking, I swear. I'd gain consciousness every so often, and I'd only hear you and a man speaking. Who I'm assuming is the Alpha."

I give her a questioning look, she understands and nods her head yes; so I continue

"The first few times I came to it would only last a few minutes at a time, but then it started lasting longer and longer each time I would come to. I would hear you and him speaking to each other and to me. Don't worry though, if you said anything awful about me or told any secrets I didn't hear it."

I smile at her hoping she knows that I'm messing with her about the last part, even if it is technically true.

"Good to know, because if you had heard me talking about my plot for world domination I'd have to put you back in a coma. Now that I know my plans are safe, lets get all these wires and tubes off and out of you." she winks and smiles back at me.

Ah, so she does have a sense of humor.

"Your plans are safe I assure you." I laugh. "I am curious though, how long how I been here?"

"It's been two weeks Luna."

Two weeks! Fuck, I really need to get to Alexa as soon as possible.

We talk for a few minutes as she takes everything off me, she's asking what all I remember and know so far. Then the next thing I know her posture changes, she becomes rigid. Her laughing and smiling stops, and she now has a serious expression on her face. She turns and faces the door, hands placed together behind her back like she's waiting on something; or someone important.

What the fu- 'Mate'

I'm hit with the smell of rain and cinnamon, it's Alpha Zane. I can hear heavy footsteps coming down the hallway, towards my room. I push myself as far back into the bed as I can, bringing my knees to my chest and hugging them to me tightly.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!

I'm sure the look on my face is now one of utter horror, staring at the door. Before I can fully register or prepare for what's about to happen the door busts open, and I see him for the first time.

"Good to see you're finally awake, mate."

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Millie, but feel free to change her into whoever you want to see her as.