43

Novas POV

Zane brought me back to our room, gave me a quick kiss and shut the door. He told me he had some work he had to finish up in his office. I know he's upset, but there's nothing either of us can do about it. I am who I am. This is what I was sent here for.

Literally...

I thought when he brought me up here that I'd have a moment to myself. That wasn't the case however. I quickly took notice of the four females in the living room waiting on me. I groan internally as I note their eager faces. They look ready to talk about anything and everything.

I can't catch a fucking break...

I take a deep breath in attempt to brush off my irritation. I plant the best smile I can manage on my face and walk towards them. Of course Alexa is the first to jump up and greet me with a hug. She squeezes me tightly, and I can tell by her sniffles and shaking form she's starting to cry.

Damn it, I hate when she cries. It hurts me to see her crying, always has.

Trying to sooth her I shush her and rubs circles on her back. Trying to help calm her I whisper 'I'm fine' in her ear. She slowly releases me and nods her head as she wipes away the few tears that fell.

"I was so worried. No one knew what was wrong. I felt like I lost you all over again."

Guilt immediately swallow me whole as she says this. I didn't even think of what they went through while I was out of it. I quickly pull her in for another hug. Trying to ease her pain, and my guilt.

"I'm so sorry, but I promise you I'm fine. Trust me, I'm not that easy to get rid of. As long as I'm still breathing, I'll be fine."

I chuckle at the end, trying to lighten the mood. We break apart once more and head towards the other girls waiting to see me. One by one coming up to hug and greet me.

I'm going to have to tell them...

The realization that I'm going to have to be honest with them all is like a swift kick in the stomach. I've never told this to Alexa or Layla. I didn't tell them because they would only worry about losing me. Before I can get lost in my own thoughts, Layla snaps me out of it.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Layla kisses the side of my cheek as she hugs me tightly.

"Me too." I tell her as I  squeeze her back a little tighter.

Please don't hate me when I tell you this...

"We were all so worried about you." Talia is next to embrace me.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry for worrying all of you." I tell her, returning her hug.

"I'm so happy you're awake. Zane was such a wreck, we all were honestly." Zara is the last to embrace and greet me.

"I'm happy I'm awake too." I say trying to lighten the mood. "I didn't mean to make anyone worry. Where are my dad and Max?"

I should have asked Zane, but it slipped my mind due to our more intense conversation.

"Your dad had to go back to his pack the day after you passed out. Max is still here though, and has been keeping your dad updated. He asked me to let him know once we were all done here. He wanted to let you have a little girl time before he came to see you." Layla tells me as she walks towards the couch.

I hum in response. Each of us follow her lead, and we all take a seat in the living room. It's tense for a moment, everyone wants to ask but no one knows how. I decide to go ahead and dive straight into it. No point in trying to hide it any longer.

"So, I think you all deserve to know something about me." I start off, taking a moment to look at everyone. They simply nod waiting for me to continue.

"Alexa and Layla, I know y'all have heard the stories and legends of Selene and Celeste. But has everyone else?"

I look to Talia and Zara after I say this. I'm hopeful they have. Most pups were told these stories and legends, usually multiple times. Alexa had actually been told the story by Layla when we were kids. Thankfully they both nod their heads yes. Zara is the one to speak up first.

"You mean how she is the personal warrior of the Moon Goddess Selene, and would one day be sent here to win a great battle? My gam-gam use to tell me the stories. She said she was an amazing warrior, almost as powerful as Selene herself. She said that one day our kind would face a great enemy. That there would be a battle like no other. And that when that time comes Selene will send Celeste here to win the battle."

Well she knows some of it...

The other girls all nod their heads in agreement with her. I'm not surprised, the stories and legends are never the full story.

Figures...

I nod my head. "That's correct, but not entirely the full story. There's more to it than that."

They all give me a look of shock and slight confusion. The stories may vary from pack to pack, but there's never much difference in them. I could easily let them believe it's the truth. Just tell them that's who I am and it's really why I was sent here.

But my side deserves to be told...

"What is the full story?" Talia asks with curious eyes and everyone leans in a little closer to listen to me.

I know it may be petty, but I had earned my spot as her personal warrior; and I wanted people to know that. So I decided I would tell them the full story. The same story I just told Zane only moments ago.

My story...

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote & comment!!!
More Votes = More chapters