19

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Running has always been a way for me to clear my mind and think. I love everything about it. The solidarity that only running can give you is a high like none other.

He marked me... he fucking marked me. What the fuck do I do now?

A few options run through my head, killing him for one. But killing him would hurt me too, maybe kill me now. Pain I could handle. Death though? I still have unfinished business to take care of first.

Which brings me to my next thought, Lane. I have a plan, but Mr.Marked-Me just put a big hole in it. There are a few ways I can still fix this though.

Shit I'm technically Luna now.

That thought alone stops me dead in my tracks. I am now technically Luna of the Shadow Pack. Which means I can find out why the elites are called shadows. This might just turn in my favor after all.

After about four hours of running I decide to head back. I have to face this at some point. Might as well get it over with. When I get back I'm surprised to find a lot of people outside the front of the pack house.

Shit! His parents are back..

I stay hidden in the tree line pacing back and forth debating my options. Climbing back up seems like the best plan at the moment. I go back in the woods and work my way around to the back side of the house.

I climb back up the side of the house as I had done the night before. Hoping Zane would not be in the room. Unfortunately, luck is never on my side. The second I'm on the balcony he's embracing me in a tight hug.

"I was so scared when you let yourself fall. I thought you'd rather die than be with me."

His words hit me like a tidal wave. Waves of guilt come crashing down on me. I never meant to make him feel like that. I hug him back, matching his grip.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to make you feel that way. I just needed some space after that."

"I know. That's why I didn't chase after you. That and I couldn't have made that fall, and by the time I made it downstairs you would've been long gone."

He gives a slight laugh, but I know he meant it.

"How did you survive that?"

"I'm different. Remember?" I smile at him.

"That you are. My parents are here ya know."

"Yeah, I seen that. Kinda why I climbed up the side. Didn't wanna make a bad first impression." I help but laugh.

Then I realize something, I'm naked. The realization makes my face heat up. I know we've already done something and he marked me, but still.

"You're so beautiful, you know that."

It was more of a statement than a question. One that made my already flushed face redder.

"But seriously. Are you ever going to tell me about you? I already talked to your dad and brother and explained things."

"You did what?!"

"Relax. I told them that we mated and I marked you last night. I told them I knew there was something different about you, I just didn't know what."

"What did they say?"

"They tried to deny it at first. But once I told them I mated and marked you, they told me it was your story to tell."

I left out a breath of relief at that. I knew my dad wouldn't tell him what I am. Or who I am.

"But I have my suspicions. You're white with black tips, purple eyes and can apparently do things others can't. You're her aren't you?"

It's too late, he knows. I just nod my head and look down. He gently places his hand under my chin and brings my gaze up to meet his.

"Why do you seem so ashamed? You're amazing. Do you not realize that?"

"We really should go and meet your parents."

I try to walk away but he grabs my wrist to stop me.

"Are you sure you want to meet them like that?" He says with amusement in his eyes.

I look down and realize I'm naked.

Shit.

I run to the bathroom and take a quick shower and blow dry my hair. I dress as appropriately as I can, given my limited wardrobe. Thank Goddess my sister thought to bring me clothes at all. I pick a red silk long skirt, a creamy white soft off-shoulder sweater and some simple tan flip-flops. I leave my hair natural, only running my fingers through it.

 I leave my hair natural, only running my fingers through it

(Her & her outfit. Minus the glasses and hat)

I can do this. I can do this.

I repeat this to myself over and over as we head down to meet his parents. My nerves are all over the place and I can feel stomach twisting in anticipation. Worry settles over me.

I'm meeting his parents. What if they don't like me?

"You'll do great."

He whispers in my ear as we get off the elevator on the ground floor. It's like he's been reading my mind. I don't know if I like it or not. It puts me at ease and makes me nervous at the same time. I just give him a smile in return.

Here goes nothing.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the bathroom, but feel free to change it however you want to.
P.S: Don't forget to vote ;) more likes = more chapters!!